1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Opt In List Building Through Giveaway Events

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tuksdrr, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    From my personal experiences, one of the best free ways I've used to build my internet marketing opt in list is by being a contributor in certain giveaway events.

For anyone looking to build a list, you should really consider this. In essence, here's how it works:

1. You contribute a product to the giveaway (making sure you have the required rights).
    2. You promote the event to your own list, as do the other contributors.
    3. People from everyone's lists go to the event and sign up for the gifts they want (sign up = opt in to the newsletter in return for the product).

The number of subscribers you get depends on the quality of the event, your gift quality and your rank in the event. I've gotten a lot of opt in subscribers through these events - I've written an article about it here in more detail in case anyone wants to use this method more to build a list:

Article - How To Build A List With Giveaways

Hope it helps some people add some meat to their lists.

tuksdrr, Aug 1, 2008 IP
    snowbird and Vadym like this.
  2. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many of your subscribers from these events convert into buyers?

rolf, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  3. Jordan D

Jordan D Peon

Best Answers:
    Good advice. I would agree that the best way to build your opt-in list is typically to give something away in return for them signing up for you list. This doesn't always have to be a giveaway event however. You can also partner with a local business such as a restaurant or retail store for a printable coupon once people sign up for your newsletter via your website. Good stuff.

Jordan D, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  4. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    The most common type of giveaways I aprticipate in are for my IM niche biz (other niches rarely have events, but catching on with the availability of giveaway management software). Because these prospects are typically quite targeted to IM, they are pretty responsive and convert quite well.

I don't have specific numbers by hand, but the response is on par with my adwords generated list.

tuksdrr, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  5. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah, I'd rather make money, not give it away.

copper12, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  6. kongsiwang

kongsiwang Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tips..
    give free product 1st...
    get money last..

kongsiwang, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  7. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To make money, one has to spend money or a lot of time. Giveaways are great and a good incentive for people to subscribe.

Good advice from tuksdrr.

snowbird, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  8. Ernster

Ernster Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, I've read your various comments around the board. This one is just as stupid as your others.:rolleyes:

I personally used Giveaways to get 3,000 subscribers in a little over a week and I'll beat that very soon with a new site launch.

They work - end of story:)

Ernster, Aug 1, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.