1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR update increased traffic from Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by aliweb, Jul 30, 2008.

Hi,

Every since PR update in which one of my website went from N/A PR to 4 is receiving double the amount of traffic from Google.
    Previously it was getting around 40-50 users per day and now since July 28 when PR was updated the traffic has gone to 100-120 users per day! :D

Anybody else noticed it?

And this brings us to statement which every body says that "PR has no effect on traffic from SE or SERPs" but I am seeing the opposite!

aliweb, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  2. sunil_gupta20801

sunil_gupta20801 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congrates. Your website keywords started getting good ranking in Google may be after PR update.

sunil_gupta20801, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  3. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My sites pretty much stayed at the same PR level (some higher, some at the lower levels), and with the same PR some of them receive more traffic from Google nowadays.

JeremiaSK8, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  4. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    PR has a lot of effect on traffic. Higher your PR the more important Google views your website thus increasing search engine rankings and traffic.

desilator, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  5. Nathanial Busy

Nathanial Busy Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree to you all...
    PR has certainly a great effect on the traffic.

Nathanial Busy, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  6. aliweb

aliweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And according to GWT one or probably two of my pages are ranked in HIGH category!
    It is showing a very small BLUE bar so I guess it will be one or two pages.

aliweb, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  7. my_misyel

my_misyel Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, believe in the power and magic of PR
    Congratulations to you!

my_misyel, Jul 31, 2008 IP
    JeremiaSK8 likes this.
  8. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The PR update itself has nothing to do with your ranking (or traffic). You are probably just ranking higher for a few phrases dou to your domain's age, more backlinks and people comming home from their vacations.

siflur, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  9. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    It has nothing do with the PR. PR is just awarded for good backlinks (IMHO). Your traffic increase can be linked with the fact that your site might be ranked higher in Google. They are doing some maintence work causing shifts in traffic and PR. Hope your spike lasts. :)

TheVccMatey, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  10. Ahoy

Ahoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Do u track various key-phrases ranking for ur website? ... Since PR is not realtive to search resutls (Which r the ones that get pepole to ur website).

Ahoy, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  11. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    But the Current PR appears to be based on a snap shot taken mid June (non of my pages added since then have anything other than a grey bar, plus mid June was the last DEEP crawl on my sites)

Visible tool bar PR is always behind internal google PR, so if anything traffic should increase before the tool bar update, not after it, if it were based only on PR.

I have a seasonal increase this time of year for some keywords, and a drop for others, but as your site is newish you will not know if it is a seasonal thing yet.

vagrant, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  12. bposervices

bposervices Banned

Best Answers:
    yes this is really useful info. for pr update and traffic.

bposervices, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  13. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "PR has dramatic effect on traffic from SE or SERPs". I proved this with one of my blog. That blog was started 4 months ago and is having 20 UV per day. Now after updating PR, I am seeing dramatic increase in the visitors (150 UV). I accept your words...

kittyluver, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  14. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Usually that's the case. And I've seen before one my sites actually getting increased traffic and that was something like a week before the actual update. But the actual fact is that both of them are not inter related somehow. That's what I believe.

lycos, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  15. Ahoy

Ahoy Peon

Best Answers:
    This is acctualy NOT true - As the PR u see on the GOOGLE toolbar, or what ever tool ur using is old-dated and only updates every few months ... It is a well known fact that PR is calculated on-the-fly, each time google needs it for ranking ... thus, u don't acctualy see the REAL pr and there for can't come to any conclusion on its immidiate effect.

Ahoy, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  16. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    On new websites I often see an increase in traffic and ranking in the week or two before a Pagerank export to the toolbar.

Perhaps in the run up to the export Google begins to adjust ranking for newer sites based on their age?

I also notice that the ranking of newer sites in different countries, e.g. a .co.uk site on Google India, improves in the run up to the export.

I understand that pagerank is recalculated more or less continuously but other factors than Pagerank may be recalculated by Google at around the time of the Pagerank export.

brian65, Jul 31, 2008 IP