1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO for a Flash Site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Dylan P. Hawkins, Jul 30, 2008.

Hey everyone,
    My website, www.dylanporter.com, is a strictly flash website that I made for fun and as a portfolio for some of my previous works.

What is the best way to optimize a flash website? All I really know how to do is create sites, and I know very little about SEO other than meta tags and back links. Is there anything else I can do to help get my site to start showing up on search engines? Aren't Google and Yahoo starting to read flash sites?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dylan P. Hawkins, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  2. khaty

khaty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have experience yet on optimizing a full flash website, I suggest that you post a title on every flash video or etc.. with your keywords and if you can put an alt image tag on flash then it's better to place your keywords there. Then start to generate sitemap www.xml-sitemaps.com and submit your URL to directories.

khaty, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  3. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use rss and try to bookmark your site on good site create blog and promote give link to your site from your blog

Aryans, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  4. pinkblush

pinkblush Peon

Best Answers:
    Some of the tips Aaron Wall shared in his article in SEOBook is that
    instead of including everything in one flash file it may make sense to break the content into different flash files so you can create different HTML pages around the different ideas contained in it. Also, embed the flash into HTML pages and use regular text links on the page if possible.

pinkblush, Jul 30, 2008 IP
    darkangel07 likes this.
  5. Dylan P. Hawkins

Dylan P. Hawkins Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah ok! Thanks for the tips! At this point I'm willing to try just about everything.. As Google hasn't even indexed my site yet! It's picking up my backlinks, such as Craigslist posts, and even posts on here... But my own site doesn't even show up when I search for it. It's a little frustrating to say the least

Dylan P. Hawkins, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  6. cnvseo

cnvseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Your site is quite interesting.

There are some tips to do seo of Flash web site

* Use accessibility features in Macromedia’s Studio MX to enhance the Flash. This will help accessibility readers purvey the content to visitors that rely upon the options in their browsers.

* Your Flash links should redirect to HTML pages, not any Flash pages. It may not index content if the link from Flash page just points to another Flash page.

* Advise to the Flash designer that to use motion as much as possible. This will help also reduces the rate of duplicate content.

* Give control to the user to skip or turn off sounds and animations or jump to the site before completing movie.

* Don’t effort to cover content or text with Flash.
    Read More...

cnvseo, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  7. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    A good option could be use the meta description in each of your pages. Also try to get many backlinks to your websites. One time I saw a flash website ranking #1 only they have many backlinks.

Best,
    Jakomo

jakomo, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  8. vijayreddy1258

vijayreddy1258 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is no perfect way to optimize flash oriented sites.I gone through one article, he described as it's sin to do SEO for Flash Sites

vijayreddy1258, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  9. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    SEOibiza, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  10. ancientpeaks

ancientpeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    i think, offsite optimization will play major role in flash site and you can put title and meta desc, in flash page if possible.

ancientpeaks, Jul 31, 2008 IP