1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Avoid Scour.com Spammers of the Year 2008 Scour Sucks

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by amitpatel_3001, Jul 29, 2008.

My staff joined scour today on my behalf because i just wanted a small review of this company and during signup this useless spamming company started sending emails to everyone found on my email list and this includes support@hostingcompanies, sales@business and every damn email.

Just dont signup with scour.com to make sure you have a clean email list and happy people who dont start hating you thinking you are spamming.

These guys send emails in the form of invites and is clearly looking like another close of MySearchFunds.com which is closed now and everyone Scammed.

Here is a copy of the SPAM Emails they send

Hey,

Did you hear about Scour? It is the next gen search engine with Google/Yahoo/MSN results and user comments all on one page. Best of all we get paid for using it by earning points with every search, comment and vote. The points are redeemable for Visa gift cards! It's like earning credit card or airline points just for searching! Hit the link below to join for free and we will both get points!

http://scour.com/invite/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know you'll like it!

- Your Name

Just make sure you dont signup and end up with a pile of more spams. Oh BTW this companies website hit Alexa 1000 Rank for the day and now you know the secret behind it

[​IMG][​IMG]

amitpatel_3001, Jul 29, 2008 IP
    vishwaa likes this.
  2. tyler3

tyler3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I get an email a week from these clowns and I've never had anything to do with them....definitely avoid them.

tyler3, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  3. tinner666

tinner666 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads-up!

tinner666, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  4. ABC_Cel

ABC_Cel Peon

Best Answers:
    When signing up for Scour.com, the user has an option to invite their entire contact, chose which contacts to invite, or skip this "invite" process all together. Once you've selected a screen name, it brings you another page which asks if you want to log-in to one of your emails (yahoo, msn, aol, gmail) to invite more friends. If you chose to log-in to one of these, by default it will select your entire contact list to send the invite to. This is not mandatory. You do have the option to skip this and you have the option to choose which contacts you want to do not want to send an invite to.

ABC_Cel, Jul 29, 2008 IP
    vishwaa likes this.
  5. ste1975

ste1975 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info....

BTW My Search Funds changed its name to Home Pages Friends after they signed a three year deal with Yahoo who now provide the search results ....To Date all payments have been made to members who were due payments so NO SCAM there.....I even have payment proofs if needed

Thanks again for the info

Ste

ste1975, Jul 29, 2008 IP
    vishwaa likes this.
  6. BuyTubeView

BuyTubeView Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for warning

BuyTubeView, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  7. tommygswfc

tommygswfc Peon

Best Answers:
    A site that is "paying you to search" should be paying you for that, and that only.
    Scour have chosen to also bombard users with popups for every search they conduct.
    I'd stay away, there are better alternatives out there.

tommygswfc, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  8. ABC_Cel

ABC_Cel Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tom,

Could you send me a PM with screenshots of the pop-ups? Scour doesn't have any pop up software attached to it, so if you are getting pop ups, it's something we'd like to look at right away. AND get rid of.

Thanks in advance and thanks again for you input!

ABC_Cel, Jul 30, 2008 IP