1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outsource Copy Options

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Monks, May 4, 2006.

I started a similar thread months ago...but need more advice.

I would love to hear some suggestions about where to get some quality original copy for numerous topics. Does anyone have a good experience/bad experience they could share...some helpful hints or even a solution?

I would appreciate some feedback...thanks

Monks, May 4, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  2. bensempress

bensempress Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there! I would like to suggest that you check out Content Gurus! The website is www.contentgurus.net. They specialize in keyword content on just about any topic you can throw at them, I have had great luck. Good luck, and hope this helps!

bensempress, May 4, 2006 IP
  3. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the help..i'll check them out

Monks, May 5, 2006 IP
  4. CJJR

CJJR Peon

Best Answers:
    This is obviously a bias recommendation, but I run www.keywordcafe.com

We've been in business for more than 5 months now and have a good client base. I'll gladly send you some samples of our work if you want to attest the quality of our copy.

Thanks

CJJR, May 6, 2006 IP
  5. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll add to the shameless self-promotion as well ;)

We'd be more than happy to assist with any content needs that you may have. We've been established since last year and write extensively for here, sitepoint, elance and getafreelancer. We have a large amount of feedback here as well as on elance.

Check us out at www.articleauthors.net

jeeplaw, May 6, 2006 IP
  6. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Webmasterlabor.Com's been providing quality original website copy and SEO text for nearly three years. We've had literally hundreds of clients. We have dedicated writers available as well as very affordable piecework. Visit http://www.webmasterlabor.com today. Use the Contact form at the site to get volume discounts and other custom deals.

webmasterlabor.com, May 13, 2006 IP
  7. dittogp

dittogp Peon

Best Answers:
    I was also researching this. Can I have some feedback on pricing? How is this service priced?
    thanks

dittogp, May 20, 2006 IP
  8. peach

peach Peon

Best Answers:
    I normally pay around 0,015 USD per word, never more then 2 cents.
    I do all personell management and recruiting myself though, if you use a service like webmaster labor you pay for the managent I guess.

peach, May 20, 2006 IP
  9. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have outsourced the same project to a half a dozen Copy Companies and FreeLancers. I will fill you in on pricing and quality.

Sometimes it is worth paying the management fee ;-)

Monks, May 20, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  10. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a little new to this whole arena, so I'm still trying to get a handle on this.. Do you guys have experience in the areas that you're writing about, or do you just look up information and format it in an SEO friendly context?

I need a number of articles written about NFL football teams for the 2006 season. Is this something one of the above-listed services could handle?

Cartman, May 20, 2006 IP
  11. peach

peach Peon

Best Answers:
    really? what happened?
    I'm getting some really good content from authors that I found myself, I think the best ones are students who study English and also live in US or UK.
    I haven't bought a lot of work yet but I imagine I can set up a referral system that allows the students that I currently employ to bring in some of there able and skilled peers.

peach, May 21, 2006 IP
  12. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. While direct outsourcing is available via scriptlance.com and other freelance service matching sites, using a centralized outsourcing outfit like webmasterlabor.com has some definite advantages. These advantages are: 1) fixed and reliable delivery dates, 2) built in staff redundancy, 3) additional layers of editing, and 4) package pricing. You get all this in one very reasonably priced package whether you need text for 1 project, 100 projects, or whether you need daily deliverables.

webmasterlabor.com, May 23, 2006 IP
  13. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not really sure what all this means..and i am a potential client. I got sick of your "please advise emails".
    1. Fixed Reliable Delivery Dates: Everyone offers this
    2. Built in Staff Redundancy: What does this mean exactly? I was under the impression that I am paying per person that works for me, but under your roof...am I wrong?
    3. What are additional layers of editing? Shouldn't all the editing be included with my "dedicated staff member"
    4. Package Pricing: Am I paying for a package deal or am I paying for a dedicated employee under your roof...

I must be confused...help me out.
    Thanks!

Monks, May 25, 2006 IP
  14. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Monks,

Sure
    2. Built in staff redundancy -- you order ONE guy but we train TWO guys to do your projects. One will do your work but TWO will know your project details so when the ONE person doing your stuff is absent, the other person resumes the work.

3. The writer edits his/her work. The work then goes through a team leader who edits it again to make sure. Finally, it goes to a master editor for a final layer of QC. You don't pay extra for any of these editing layers.

4. Many clients ask for a writer plus submission work to article dumps/ezine directories, etc. We provide bundled packages for these. Others require specialty research or image work for ebooks, we offer special pricing on those depending on how extensive the extra work involved is.

If you have any other questions or extra specifications, please email me at info AT webmasterlabor DOT com Thanks for your consideration!

webmasterlabor.com, May 26, 2006 IP
  15. superflytrainer

superflytrainer Peon

Best Answers:
    Copy for a salesletter or articles? If its the salesletter than i would highly recommend to gather some books and courses and learn it yourself

superflytrainer, May 29, 2006 IP
  16. Charisse V

Charisse V Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Charisse V, Nov 25, 2006 IP