1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Host: Mysql server down. Master Reseller missing :(

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by phreaker, Jul 28, 2008.

I have an reseller account.
    and the MySQL in server is down

the server detail in whm is
    Linux freedom.usahostingcafe.com 2.6.9-67.0.15.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu May 8 10:52:19 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

ftpd up
    httpd (1.3.41 (Unix)) up
    imap up
    mysql (5.0.51a-community) failed

now because my master reseller seem missing :( (cannot contact his messenger and and the ticket is not answered)

so i search on google. and it seem iwhic own the server. so i go to their site and click the live help (and it does nothing), and the ticket is not answered yet.

so is there any way to restart the sql server through the whm, if i only have reseller account?

im new to this whm thing so please help.

and anyone can recommend me a good host with reseller account?
    that have a good uptime, a good support (at least have phone number or address).

thx :)

edit1: it seem now their server went down. as you can see in iwhic.com/whmcs/serverstatus.php
    edit2: okay have a reply from iwhic. they say they are working it out. (There seems to be corrupted data associated with the system services MySQL /PHP we working as hard as we can to fix these issues and get the server back online for full use. Please be patient as we will know more shortly.) so guess i have to wait..ty :)

phreaker, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  2. resaik_king

resaik_king Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem here... the server is down for almost 24 hours already...

The support ticket is not answering

resaik_king, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  3. phreaker

phreaker Peon

Best Answers:
    yup its still down as you can see on their serverstatus page
    but i wonder why the http,ftp,pop3 is green icon

anyways after a couple email i sent to my master reseller. he reply it with

"Hello, We are working on the file system of the server. There seems to be corrupted data associated with the system services MySQL /PHP we working as hard as we can to fix these issues and get the server back online for full use. Please be patient as we will know more shortly."

but he not brave enough to go online in his messenger(usually he is online 18 hour a day) :D

if im not wrong, the iwhic administrator is member on this forum also. i will try to ask him later.

phreaker, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  4. resaik_king

Best Answers:
    Yeah I made transaction with him here...

OMG my clients keep on telling me what happen.... :(:(:(

He did not reply when it will going to up..

5. hostingspeak

hostingspeak Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like they are doing an FSCK. That's the linux version of the windows CHKDSK. Depending on how much data is on the hard drive(s), this can take a while.

hostingspeak, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  6. resaik_king

Best Answers:
    What do you think it will be back hostingpeak??

Can this be done in 12 hours?

Thanks GOD iwhic is watching this thread.. What can you say?

7. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    Just an update, if you are one of our clients all of our support tickets have been answered.. If you are a reseller of one of our masters I do apoligize for them not getting the word out to you..

Yesterday we did experience a few problems and ran FSCK a few times to correct the problems.. That did not work and our data center recommended a os renistall.. the reinstall has been completed, ant e server is back on line taht is why the server stats page shows the green lights because the server is back on line..

We are working on transferring the data from the second hard drive back on to the main, this can take a while to complete and are working as fast as we can to answer all questions, and get the data restored.. Our customers will be compensated for this down time, if you submit a ticket in after this is completed..

We will try and post here to our announcement with any new information that we have.
    http://iwhic.com/whmcs/announcements.php?id=28

No we have not been on yahoo if that is who you have been referring to.. because we have been taking care of the server issues and can not talk with hundreds of people on im and fix the server at the same time.. all and any support tickets have been answered. So if you are our custom and you need something put a support ticket in as I will not be able to monitor this thread.

IwhiC, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  8. shahbaz419

shahbaz419 Peon

Best Answers:
    My Blog is down since 24 hours ... Can you please tell me how much more time it will take to restore the server ?

shahbaz419, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  9. phreaker

phreaker Peon

Best Answers:
    i will wait, thx for the update

phreaker, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  10. resaik_king

Best Answers:
    Still no update??

they're not answering my question on when it will be back...? today.. tomorrow... or when??

11. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    Being that this was not something we planned for. After the fsck failed to fix file permissions with in the system this was the answer before there was more damage done.

The process of reysncing data is grueling. Our DC has worked non stop. Mon Jul 28 2008 06:03PM by Was when t he OS reload and cPanel install was completed.

The processes to get data moved to the new hard drives is under way. We are praying the faster the better. Though with these circumstances we ask for patients. So the techs do not feel rushed ( As I know they are )

We have replied to all tickets at least 1 time and other 20 times. It is grueling at the moment to have so many clients wanting updates every 5 minutes.. We are doing our best to keep you all updated as we can.

That is why we will post to the announcement page so we do not miss any tickets so please read that for any new updates on this.

Thank you
    Jason and Aimee

IwhiC, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  12. ahmaad

ahmaad Member

Best Answers:
    What's the point of all this talk
    Our webs are still closed
    For more than 35 hours
    If you make server from the zero you will finished in 35 hours

ahmaad, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  13. resaik_king

Best Answers:
    What site went up and went down again.. this was happened yesterday.. would this mean that we will wait another 24 hours??

14. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    We have 4 servers sitting idle now. What good would that do?
    You want your data right?
    If not hell this would have been a 5 Minute fix.

Also ask a few host what it takes to rysnc 214Gb of files. Most cases you will be told 5 -7 days.. We are 90% done in less then 3.

This is because we realized that there was still 29GB of files that never transfered and we had to stop apache on these server and start the rysnc to get the rest.
    We will be done soon.

Thank you
    Jason and Aimee

IwhiC, Jul 29, 2008 IP