1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do Graphic Links Pass Juice?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by TxDon, Jul 28, 2008.

I've noticed several of the photo's and graphics on my site are being leeched by other sites. The links are showing up on my WordPress dashboards.

Are these links passing juice or am I just providing photo hosting for leeches?

TxDon

TxDon, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if anyone uses an image hotlinking to your site, then you will get a backlink and it will pass PR. however, for SERP ranking on certain keywords, it is important that you use your anchor text. but all links help at the end

sultanofseo, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  3. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google's algorithm is smart enough to read the context surrounding the link, if the link itself doesn't have anchor text. That being said, it's still best to have anchor text rather than an image to help Google's bot know for sure what a link is about.

websiteideas, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  4. desman

desman Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe you could actually offer people the opportunity with a little code box on your site that would give you a text link with your desired anchor text. Some people would probably still hotlink directly but you could pick up some more useful links with anchor text as well.

desman, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  5. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also you can name the file ( /myanchortext.jpg)

sleuth1, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  6. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    The best is to place the ALT "my keyword in here" in a picture "mykeyword.jpeg"...

scubita, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  7. TxDon

TxDon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response.

I rename all images on my sites with the keywords I want to rank for. I also use the keyword or phrase in the alt's.

Don't mind a little leeching as long as I'm getting something out of it. Nice to know that I am. Otherwise, I'd replace the image with a doctored one..lol..(while keeping the same file name).

TxDon

TxDon, Jul 29, 2008 IP