1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can SEO techniques beat content?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by tbarr60, Mar 7, 2007.

I don't think we can argue against quality and quantity of content but my gut tells me that someone will always be able to outrank with lesser content by being better with SEO technique. The SE's will continue to counter this but the technicians will always have some new method for gaming the system.

What do you think?

tbarr60, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  2. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you have strong backlinks , this will beat the quality content . i think the key point is backlinks about your question

trichnosis, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  3. nick seo MYW

nick seo MYW Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with that back links are very important but they should be based on the content.

nick seo MYW, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  4. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am guessing you are saying directory submissions are not of great value. Or you may be saying that buying a link on an unrelated site is of little value even if it has high PR. I'd agree to either.

tbarr60, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  5. Marty Rogers

Marty Rogers Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes deffinately.

Content is important but a website with strong backlinks and some nice SEO work could easily outrank and do better than the websites with some quality content.

Marty Rogers, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  6. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought that traffic would be better? (before links)

catanich, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  7. abdul.pcet

abdul.pcet Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is always king man...........
    Testing and knowing how search engines algorithm works is very very difficult task..... It is always a hidden task. So it is risky to depend on Complete SEO work...;)

Secondly,
    Dont worry about Link building. Link building is least bothered.. If your content is good and unique you will get number of quality links. This is my challange.:)

Directories submission, link building etc etc .. everything is shit unless ur content is good.
    Regards,
    www.elechub.com

abdul.pcet, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  8. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where it gets difficult is what constitutes the best content ? I often find Digg( for instance), has the very best links to sites that would not rank by organic Google traffic and are often new and not overtly commercial. What you may find is Google favors the already entrenched sites, I do SEO myself but the future may well be a combination of SEO with the finding and voting power of the masses (social media)

sleuth1, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  9. endy

endy Banned

Best Answers:
    Both yes and no I would say. You probably wont rank high with a crappy site but on the other hand you might also rank awfully with a good one. So you need both, much easier then.-

endy, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  10. Harald Johnsen

Harald Johnsen Guest

Best Answers:
    It's pretty hard to get a ton of good backlinks without quality content, and the quality of backlinks play a major role in SEO. So, the foundation is allways quality content. When quality content is in place you need to promote it, and promoting quality content that people find valuable is usually fun and easy. Then people link to it from relevant pages (also a good thing) and then Google starts liking you - and when Google likes stuff, of course, Google tells a helluva lot of people about it.

So the answer to the original question is, in my opinion: no.

Harald Johnsen, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  11. Cryxellis23

Cryxellis23 Banned

Best Answers:
    I can't see the point why the SEO technique can beat content.
    Content is one of the SEO technique, it was one of the technique
    to generate traffic from different article submission site and also
    to your blog.

Cryxellis23, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  12. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to say "YES." Reason: Googlebot does not understand content. It's a robot after all. But SEO cannot beat real human readers.

Bohol, Jul 30, 2008 IP