1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Theories

Discussion in 'Google' started by enriquerojas, Jul 26, 2008.

This PR update (if is done) is the weirdest one. Sites that got more BL cached stay or dropped PR. New sites got some PR. Majority of people reporting PR0, 1, 2 and 3. Sporadic PR4.

Here is a few theories.

1) This wasn't a huge update and we haven't heard the last of it.
    2) Google is planning to move to a more constant PR update and they are testing now.
    3) They screw up the same as 2006 and begging of 2007.
    4) Rumors are true and we are seeing the last days of the famous PR.
    5) Google is cooking something with Yahoo to clean a little for the partnership.
    6) They are smoking expired crack.

The one thing that is spinning in my head is that a few sites give me a link around the first week of July and they are showing on the BL capture. This BL snapshot is not that old and is not from June or May. This snapshot is around the 2nd week or so of this month.

enriquerojas, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  2. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    it seems to me that there is some kind of "pr penalty" that they put in to the algorithm, because some sites that have backlinks are showing pr0... but they seem to have missed the boat on it because you hear of so many brand new sites that shouldn't be that relevant and yet they are getting pr2 and pr3

canam, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  3. enriquerojas

enriquerojas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I am moving more into the theory that they screw up and working to fix it. But let's see only they know.

enriquerojas, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  4. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    funny thing is when we are already noticing some guys with 2 month old pr3 sites selling links on them lol :D

canam, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  5. MrSandMan

MrSandMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed this was a weird update. Internal pages have lost rank and new sites are excelling.... while high, unique content sites, are not changing much.

MrSandMan, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  6. depositlaw

depositlaw Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. This accurately describes what happened to all my sites in this July 08 update

depositlaw, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  7. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In this PR update, I have not seen any PR of my pages being increased. Instead, few of my site's pages PR decreased :(

angilina, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  8. enriquerojas

Best Answers:
    I believe something is not right. Yes they want to penalize directories, but why so many new sites from 1 week to 2 months old gain PR when older sites with natural BL from media coverage stay the same?

What is funny is that you could see this people selling links right away here on DP forums. OMG!

enriquerojas, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  9. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to know what do you mean by 'more constant PR update'.....?

mixke, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  10. enriquerojas

Best Answers:
    Just a theory, but want I mean is that they maybe planning to make the PR updates to run live instead of exporting every 3-4 months.

enriquerojas, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  11. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That 'live' PR update theory sounds interesting. Maybe the pagerank information would be updated like every week. It would kill the link selling business for sure. :D Let's say somebody sells a link on a PR 6 page on his site, and bam a couple of days later that same page is just PR 3. That would be crazy!

JeremiaSK8, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  12. enriquerojas

Best Answers:
    I believe doing business online can be from selling links to selling a product no doubt. But there is the people that manage to damage the industry. How? Simple they don't create quality.

Here is a nice example.

The guy builds a dog blog, fill it up with adsense. Goes to Google, copy the content from someone else. Then start spamming his website, fill the forums with crap just to get his link out. Then start doing pingbacks with nosense, fill digg with content from other people. PR update comes gets a PR3 of then you see them selling the links.

Yes, something like this a LIVE PR will make this sites worthless since imagine buying a PR6, 3 days later PR3. He will have to respond to the buyer. They will wont to give you the money back. Then you will see forums saying PayPal Sucks. Is true paypal sucks but it sucks more the people that just sweat copying others people content.

:D

Any way is just a theory!

enriquerojas, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  13. myfreeforum

myfreeforum Member

Best Answers:
    No idea, but I have a very fresh and new website that popped up with a PR3, while one older website with 4 times the backlinks (and same linking methods) dropped to a R3...and a medium aged website with 3x the backlinks held steady at PR2.

I don't know......

myfreeforum, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  14. enriquerojas

Best Answers:
    Ok from Matt Cutts
    Either Google just apply the penalization and make so many sites drop or gain and we will see a new update soon when the penalization settle down. Or PR is seeing the last days of it.

15. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    i think this thread would be better titled "Google Conspiracy Theories" ;)

SEOibiza, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  16. enriquerojas

Best Answers:
    No that's another topic where we will discuss how Larry Page will be using Google to become president of the US on 2012. :D

17. Steve Peters

Steve Peters Peon

Best Answers:
    PR tends to be pointless and is so far behind the real algorithm that it has little benefit. The PR tool should just be removed. I have often had number 1 ranking sites with no PR beating out sites with massive PR. According to the tool. What a pointless tool.

Steve Peters, Jul 28, 2008 IP