1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate Marketing

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by teenmoney, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I am thinking of using ppc to advertise some affiliate links. Has anyone been successful with this? Like i mean is this actually a decent thing to try?
    I was going to pick one product from never blue ads and buy some ad spots on facebook and using adwords.

teenmoney, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  2. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it's a very lucrative thing to try. In fact people do it for a living... :)

PPC-Coach, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  3. teenmoney

teenmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Would starting off with something like $5 a day be a good place to start? and would it be profitable? and can places like facebook be a good place to buy an ad or is just using Adwords the best?

4. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    VERY profitable if done correctly. $5 daily budget is insufficient. I would say at least $25 a day if you want to make some decent money. It also depends on how much you'll be paying per click.

RichUser, Jul 26, 2008 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  5. balwinder

balwinder Peon

Best Answers:
    some people have a 2-3k daily budget.

balwinder, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  6. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't learn anything or make profit with $5 a day

$50-100 is a good way to try for a few days (at least)

Concerning facebook - I tried - No result

Lastbutnotleast, Jul 26, 2008 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  7. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, you will not see much action or results with $5 a day budget. $25 min would be best but $100 a day would be optimal.

For affiliate marketing and using content, I would not go straight to placement targeting such as myspace or facebook.

Use the content network to learn the best marketing locations and then go from there

robertpriolo, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  8. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depend's on what niche your in I have one campaign I have been putting $175.00 dollars into every day on a consistent bases and it still not profiting yet, but yet my CTR is reading GREAT, but the good thing is the CPC cost is dropping down after time I should say weeks, but it sure is going down.

here's the main factor's you need to focus on.

1. A / B test ads and always create enticing ads (draw people's attention).
    2. Spending is another big factor you have to build your historical data up with Adwords, but after time your click swill dramatically decrease. For example you could have a campaign out performing any of your competitors such as higher CTR and etc, but does that mean your going to get cheap clicks right off the bat?

Probably not unless you've had a campaign that has GREAT history with Google. It will take some time if not months to get it going that's what sucks! A lot of people think they will jump right into it and start profiting which granted it does happen, but it only happens on markets that have not been exploited yet, but there again your CPC cost will drop for them certain keywords after time. The idea is to spend, spend, track, and test.

tdd1984, Jul 26, 2008 IP
    Lastbutnotleast likes this.
  9. teenmoney

teenmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    So in the beginning i will be losing money or will i be barely breaking even and not profiting much?

10. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid we all started losing money

Lastbutnotleast, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  11. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Adwords is all about experimenting. It's a trial and error thing. But, if you have more experience, you'll eliminate typical errors, and succeed quicker in that specific campaign.

RichUser, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  12. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    As a newbie to affiliate marketing and adwords in general you will probably lose money. Lots of it really...

I see many newbies lose several thousands before getting the hang of things and unfortunately as RichUser said, most of the first time loses are common and typical due to inexperience.

Once you get very familiar with adwords and affiliate marketing you can usually get a campaign to profit or break even off the start, but most of that is pre-selection of the affiliate offers and knowing what a good market is.

robertpriolo, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  13. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all about the return on investment

You will have to find out how much each click is worth for you, what you can afford to spend to make a sale

Then you will be able to generate profit nights and days

Lastbutnotleast, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  14. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, but he won't start profiting right off the bat. Which granted the foundation for a PPC campaign is the keyword list and match types, but it could take 3-6 months of letting his campaign run solid before CPC cost drop dramatically. For example over a 6 month period he could go down from 2 dollars a click to 15 cents a click.

I know one guy that puts around 6k a day into a campaign he started out paying around ~1.50 a click and he is now paying 0.15 cents a click, but guess what he never ever even changed his ads. :) Which granted CTR dramatically decreases your CPC, but he did it for testing purposes to see if that one ad that already had a GREAT quality score would just keep getting better by spending more or building more history up by collecting more clicks.

tdd1984, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  15. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    I mean the end of the learning process will be the ROI

Lastbutnotleast, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  16. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your budget is $5 per day and you can generate 100% roi, then you're making $10 per day gross, paying $5 in expenses and pocketing $5. These are very small numbers, but you have to start somewhere...

$5 profit per day is $150 per month which is small too, but if you keep putting money back into your campaigns, you'll grow that number after a couple months.

PPC-Coach, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  17. info

info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always start low and go higher as you know better. adwords is a good thing to get quality customers in less time.
    also read digital point cj,clickback,azool.. sections, so you will get better idea about affiliate marketing with less problems.

info, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  18. Naveen.jha

Naveen.jha Peon

Best Answers:
    $5 perday! it is very low. I listed more heigh about....

Naveen.jha, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  19. definitive

definitive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm very new to adwords and affiliate marketing. I would have been asking the same question last week. I tried it with a $5 day budget and it looked promising but I needed to test more so i've increased my budget to $25 a day and things really picked up. I would suggest you deposit $200 into adwords and play with it for a week.

definitive, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  20. teenmoney

teenmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i know $5 is low but i don't want to lose a whole ton of money and i will put all the money i make back into it...so my budget will increase over time.

teenmoney, Jul 31, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.