1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress 2.6 Server change Problem!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by shahbaz419, Jul 24, 2008.

Hello ,
    I have just changed the hosting for my blog and I see a blank page after installing and updating my blog to 2.6 . I were using version 2.5 before changing host . URL of my blog is mentioned , I need help to restore my blog , help will be appreciated forsure !
    Blog URL: www.blankdiscmedia.com

Step I followed :
    First of all I downloaded the database file from my old host using PMPMYADMIN section .
    Then I installed a new blog on my new host using auto blog installer , then I replaced the database file ,after that I opened www.blankdismedia.com/wp-admin and I found an updrade request , I upgraded the blog successfully and then redirected to this link (www.blankdismedia.com/wp-admin),after that when I open main page then it was completely blank, I can login to www.blankdiscmedia.com/wp-admin .. all the posts are things are there but when I open the main page it shows an empty page , can someone help ?

Regards,
    SK

shahbaz419, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  2. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You started with a fresh install of WP on your new host? and then did an upgrade?

kentuckyslone, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  3. meetbro

meetbro Banned

Best Answers:
    tell your steps on how you changed the server..

change the database settings of new server in your config.php

meetbro, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  4. shahbaz419

shahbaz419 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a Lot ProData .. My blog is fine now , it was the problem with the permalinks !

shahbaz419, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  5. ProData

ProData Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to settings -> Permalinks and update your Permalink Structure once. That might help. Wordpress 2.6 has hickups...:D

ProData, Jul 26, 2008 IP
    shahbaz419 likes this.