1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thread moves issue?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by I. Brian, May 3, 2006.

I do appreciate the time and effort that that moderators and staff on any forum provide.

However, some of the discussions I've been involved here have been moved to boards for reasons that don;t make sense to me:

- discussion on Google SERPs moved to the Website Reviews section
    - asking about geo-targeting on Yahoo! moved to Website Reviews
    - question about merging databases on the database board moved to forum management

The thread moves don't particular make sense - they seem to have been performed in a pretty arbitrary manner.

The latter one could potentially be moved on a keyword basis alone, but on a discussion about databases specifically, it makes no sense to move to a less technical category.

Has Shawn let loose a bot on the site?

I. Brian, May 3, 2006 IP
    kkibak and SumitBahl like this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Any thread that requires a review (either of a site or search engine results) goes to Website Reviews. Otherwise, the Google and Yahoo forums would be 95% threads that are, "Check our these search results, why are they like this?"

digitalpoint, May 3, 2006 IP
    SumitBahl likes this.
  3. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    For the first 2 (Google & Yahoo questions), a mod probably moved them because at first glance they look like questions about the sites listed in the OP. However, on second thought, I agree with you on those. The merging databases question, to me should belong in the programming forum, not forum management or SQL. The question is not about databases nor is it about forum management, it's about how to integrate to scripts. So a lot of this stuff is subjective.

Thanks for the clarification. That makes perfect sense. What about Brian's 3rd example?

exam, May 3, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As you mentioned, the 3rd one ends up being subjective. Could have gone in programming or forum management. I think it more comes down to *how* it was going to be done. It seems to me the question is more about how to insert a user automatically into vBulletin, which would go to forum management IMO.

digitalpoint, May 3, 2006 IP
  5. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds good.

exam, May 3, 2006 IP
  6. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    No problem - the reasoning for the first two makes sense, but I agree the third one crosses various boundaries.

Anyway, thought I'd just ask, so thank you for the replies. :)

I. Brian, May 4, 2006 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.