1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Frequently can I submit to DMOZ for inclusion?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by cdpowell, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I first submitted to DMOZ one year ago and was not added. Since then, I have added several pages of expert unique content useful to the reader. How long should I wait before I resubmit?

cdpowell, Jul 25, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  2. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting once is all that's required, needed or wanted. It may get looked at right away, or several years down the road. There's no way to predict when it will be reviewed or if we'll need the site at all when it does get looked at.

Resubmitting won't do anything accept aggravate us so don't do it. :)

No site suggestion has a right to be listed or a promise to be listed. It's either something we want for our own reasons, or it isn't.

It sounds a bit harsh, but editors build categories of useful sites for the web surfer/information seeker, they don't act as a listing service for site owners.

crowbar, Jul 25, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  3. jjwill

jjwill Peon

Best Answers:
    Also keep in mind, that many editors list the unreviewed in order of date submitted. So if you submit the site a second time it will over right the old submission and put it at the bottom of the list. ;)

jjwill, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  4. Website Design Perth

Website Design Perth Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tip jjwil - I fear that's happened to me :(

Website Design Perth, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  5. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Like Ronco's oven - Set it and Forget it. Or more appropriately, Submit it and Forget it...

snowbird, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  6. tsukara

tsukara Banned

Best Answers:
    If you already submitted your site then forget it now. Don't wait until DMOZ send you an email that they approved your site because it takes time.

tsukara, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  7. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Submit once, if it is not listed in a year, try again (their editor applications say you can check back in case the app was lost in the network or something, so sites should be treated the same IMHO). However, the standard procedure is to SUBMIT ONCE and then forget about it.

Take time to submit to other directories and you'll find you are added to more directories then DMOZ clones could provide...as in many cases NOT submitting to DMOZ will give the same acceptance rate (which is ZILCH).

Qryztufre, Jul 29, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.