1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpLynx gets indexed much quicker

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mikey1090, Jul 25, 2008.

After only a week of having around 1 backlink from digg, my phplynx directory was fully indexed.

From past experience, I could never get phpLD to have all categories, detail pages and index pages to be crawled fully.

Minstrel also posted about his positive experience with phplynx a few months back -
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=699691

Disclaimer -

I am not promoting phplynx. I am not saying phplynx is better than phpLD. I do not work for phplynx. I have never met any phplynx staff. I am not a duplicate account of one of their employees. I was merely stating a fact.

I await your red reps, phplynx haters.

mikey1090, Jul 25, 2008 IP
    iatbm likes this.
  2. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see no reason to give bad rep... You have a good point there and the fact that someone would tell me this is quite useful. Though I do like PhpLD better, if PhpLynx gets indexed much quicker that could be a big decision to make when selecting software.

Thanks for the info...

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 25, 2008 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.
  3. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    werent those positive experiences attributed to phplynx spidering pages that weren't really content?
    thats a dangerous thing to be playing with in google if it's the case

discover, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  4. IC_IC

IC_IC Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes indexing is just 'the luck of the draw', depends when google happens to crawl the sites with your links. I have heard this statement for almost every script out there.

IC_IC, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  5. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ...so you're actually saying that on a brand new directory you had all the categories, subcategories, detail pages, etc, etc.. indexed within a week just with a backlink from Digg?

Do you mind sharing the URL with us?

Thanks

loredan, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  6. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    Is phplynx css based - aka using table less design? Cause if so, then it would be clear why. It's the same reason why VB is such a worthless forum script, that spiders have hard time penetrating thoroughly.

muncle, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  7. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hahahahahaahahhahahahahahahaah :D

Nice joke ...

iatbm, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  8. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dan, I'm not ready to share the URL yet. The directory is new, so there isn't thousands of pages to be indexed. I'm just saying it seems a lot faster. It may be a co-incidence, or it may just be me.

Discover, they changed the script to prevent the search pages being indexed. phpLD too has a problem where search queries can get indexed. Qoobe is a good example of this -
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=si...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

EDIT -

Only 1 red rep so far. Apparently I left a red rep to another member and didn't sign it. Yet I haven't left red rep in weeks, I rarely do, and when I do I sign it. So whoever left me the red rep, you are a hypocrite and a coward for not signing it. PM me, I dare you :D

mikey1090, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  9. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    hhheng, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  10. ripejuice

ripejuice Peon

Best Answers:
    For the last 2 days indexing is done very fast...i am having a gallery site with more than 4000 pages which i started 3 weeks before.Until day before yesterday i was having only less than 500 pages indexed.When i checked using the "site:" operator for my domain now more than 1000 pages are indexed.That is 500+ pages in 2 days.Waiting for the whole content to be indexed.....

ripejuice, Jul 26, 2008 IP