1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New directory.... kind of..

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by rgomes, Jul 23, 2008.

Hello fellow DPers, I would like to let you all know about my simple link site, it's not really a directory since there are no categories, only links, but let's face it, since most of you are only really interested in a backlink then that shouldn't really matter ;)

http://random-link.com

It's a weighted random based site, check out the sites FAQ to see how it really works.

There is still only one link, so I'm hoping maybe I can get some more links by advertising it here. The minimum to get listed is just $1 for a permanent link.

Even if you don't want to buy a link, at least check out the site, I like to watch the numbers increase on the stats :p

EDIT: Forgot to add that since I have no graphic design skills at all, I'm running a little logo contest, so if you have some skills and a couple of minutes to spare, then please submit your design, I'm looking for something simple..

Also, to the first person that finds the Easter Egg on the site and posts it on this thread I'll give him/her a free link with a $10 weight, happy hunting ;)

Thanks

rgomes, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  2. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Where is the category and submit links?

hhheng, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  3. rgomes

rgomes Member

Best Answers:
    There are no categories, that's the reason for the threads topic, there are only links.

All links will be placed on the links page.

On every page 10 random links will show up, these are random but with greater odds of displaying the higher priced links.

The link to submit links is http://random-link.com/buy

Thanks for visiting :)

rgomes, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  4. killoldesai

killoldesai Active Member

Best Answers:
    killoldesai, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  5. cfl

cfl Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of free directories, you must be better than other to require even 1$ fee

cfl, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  6. rgomes

rgomes Member

Best Answers:
    Hello all, I've received some link submissions but had some problems since the recaptcha.net servers or dns seemed to be down and was messing up the script.
    It seems to be fine now, but unfortunately if you submitted a link you will have to re-submit. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

@cfl
    Yes, I understand there are numerous free and better directories, but I'm not really trying to compete with any of them.
    http://random-link.com was a test site that I built to test my free PayPal and IPN PHP classes (that btw if anyone is interested, you can get them on my blog) and after the classes were released I decided to clean up the site a little and might as well try to sell some links. It's just one dollar and you don't have to buy one if you don't wan't to. Either way, thanks for visiting and replying.

rgomes, Jul 25, 2008 IP