1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scour - A New Search Engine

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Sparky1, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Sparky1

Sparky1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry Extream... I cannot answer this as I have not accumulated enough points to cash out. If all you do is search it will take you forever to make anything. The money is in the referrals. You earn 25% on anything they generate.

As with all things in the Internet Marketing realm it is possible come cash out time they drop a fee on you but they have ye to mention such a thing.

Cheers
    Sparky

Sparky1, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  2. ABC_Cel

ABC_Cel Peon

Best Answers:
    I work for ABCSearch, which owns Scour, and I know the Scour team has been making updates, and has bigger and better things in the works. I’ve read the input here and passed it on to the Scour.com team, so everything you have commented on has been taken into consideration. And, YES, we will pay when you reach the threshold. Since we’ve only been live for a week, we haven’t paid anyone just yet, but believe me, it will be done. Thanks everyone for your comments, it’s helping Scour become a success.

ABC_Cel, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  3. learn2earn

learn2earn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can withdraw money to paypal
    and what is this $25 Visa gift card

:confused:

learn2earn, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  4. ste1975

ste1975 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please answer these questions?

They are a US based site,

They only pay by "visa gift card" and they say if it has "Valid in the US only" written on the card, you can't use it anywhere else, I tried sending them an email and it got returned twice, as I need confirmation before I sign up, below are the questions I need answering before I think about signing up,

I am in the United Kingdom, do you accept members from the UK?

Do we get a lower amount per search compared to other members who are US based?

How do we get paid, Your site mentions a Visa gift card, I have never heard of this, how does it work, will it work in the UK,

Will you pay me in US dollars, or UK sterling, if UK sterling what is the exchange rate you use?

ste1975, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  5. holidayhoteldirect

holidayhoteldirect Banned

Best Answers:
    its really useful, thanks for update

holidayhoteldirect, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  6. BrisbaneWebmaster

BrisbaneWebmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    These kind of search engines definitely have merits but I'm not sure they will really every take to much market share unless they create their own better product.

BrisbaneWebmaster, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  7. ABC_Cel

ABC_Cel Peon

Best Answers:
    I passed on the email issue to my tech and they're looking into that now. The emails shouldn't be bouncing regardless if you've signed up or not.

As for UK users, yes, we do accept members from the UK (and worldwide), and no, we don't pay lower for UK users to search.

We'll pay you via a Visa Gift Card, which is one of the largest credit card companies in the world. We will make sure the card we send you is legal tender wherever you are located.

The card will contain US dollars and the exchange rate will vary based on when you use it.

Hope this helps.

ABC_Cel, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  8. ste1975

Best Answers:

It's a very good idea but it just loads to slowly on my computer, and I keep getting unresponsive script warnings, I also really don’t like the idea of being paid by a visa gift card, am I right in saying “I would have to join some sort of affiliated program for the gift card?” if they paid cash like HPF, it would be much less effort,
    I have done some research….. And I found out just how much you would receive, IMHO it would only be,

2/10th's of a penny per search
    6/10th's of a penny per search/vote
    8/10th's of a penny per search/vote/comment, a total of 4 points

To put it in context, “HPF pays me to search Yahoo around pay 2.16 pence per search; they are a UK based company which is best for me….

I would even say HPF would best for the American and international user as they would be getting around $0.05 a search

After I did a bit of research it works out that HPF pays me 270 times more than Scour per search,

Plus they pay real money direct in your bank or via paypal,

I think I will stick with getting paid to search Yahoo as the results are good for me, I may use scour as my second search if I can’t find what I am looking for

Thanks for the info

Ste

ste1975, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  9. ABC_Cel

ABC_Cel Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input, ste1975. We're not trying to compete with HPF, so not to worry. We're offering a service for users to search 3 engines in one, and making it fun by awarding people with $$$ to vote on things. It's not meant to be "work" or effort. I don't really see why you're comparing Scour to HPF at all, other than self promotion.

ABC_Cel, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  10. ste1975

Best Answers:
    This has nothing to do with self promotion it’s to do with me getting the best price for my search and after looking at the two programs www.myhpf.co.uk gives me that.

I don’t even consider www.myhpf.co.uk a work thing... it just pays for my broadband each month etc.... for doing what I do everyday....

And by my sums I would be lucky to get a weeks broadband for what scour would pay…

All I wanted to know as a researcher would I be able to get a few extra bucks out of scour for doing what I do every day search......

I am sorry if you think I was having a go… as I said I just want to get the best $£$£ for my searching

Thanks

Ste

ste1975, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  11. ABC_Cel

ABC_Cel Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey ste,

The Scour team asked if you can send over the scripting errors your getting. They haven't seen any errors come through. Also, they said they did the math and we end up paying about .004 per search which is 1/3rd a penny per search.

Thanks again for your input:)

ABC_Cel, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  12. Lord Hades

Lord Hades Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot. Seems pretty useful. If I remember correctly, there was a similar firefox addon which also parsed the results.

Lord Hades, Jul 23, 2008 IP
    argothiusz likes this.
  13. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice search engine but with the pop ups, I can see this being a failure.
    Things like that should not be pushed into peoples faces!

vicdigi, Jul 24, 2008 IP
    Lord Hades and argothiusz like this.
  14. ShamsiOwnz

ShamsiOwnz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a pretty neat name for a search engine,It's also pretty good,fast and reliable i guess.

But i cant seem to find how much they pay you to search.

ShamsiOwnz, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  15. a$$-wise

a$$-wise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the site is recently launched the highest scorer is at 6000's points. Well he can claim $25 via visa but for more rewards I guess members have to rely more on their friends earning :D

It's better than homepages friends. As its a consolidation of top three search engines. Finally it's not just money I would look for quality as well in to paid for search theme.

a$$-wise, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  16. argothiusz

argothiusz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I never notice about this search engine. I think this search engine is how I got some mysterious traffic for my parked domain ScTour.com

argothiusz, Jul 29, 2008 IP
    Lord Hades likes this.
  17. scutari

scutari Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I really love scour, already gathered about 600 points and have ten referrals. Hope they wil pay me . I live in Albania. I already installed their toolbar and try to search a little bit. I am used with google but its ok for now.

scutari, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  18. Sparky1

Sparky1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny I have had no popups. Must be my pop up blocker. I have it installed on IE but not Firefox. What browser do you have it installed on?

Sparky1, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  19. PluT0

PluT0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    scour doesn't pay :) alot of member complaining

PluT0, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  20. oregonthunder2

oregonthunder2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Search doesn not go deep enough. I would recommend 10-20 pages deep

oregonthunder2, Aug 17, 2008 IP