1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pagerank Poll

Discussion in 'Google' started by aaron_nimocks, Jul 21, 2008.

?

Whats more annoying?

1. Making PR update threads

52.9%
  2. Making useless posts inside the thread

47.1%
  1. ryan0124

ryan0124 Peon

Best Answers:
    I vote for the PR update one, its annoy me all the time.

ryan0124, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  2. tsukara

tsukara Banned

Best Answers:
    Making a thread for PR update is annoying. It is being asked in the forums often but it's more annoying if you reply a post with useless answers.

tsukara, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  3. Kevin Design

Kevin Design Guest

Best Answers:
    nothing here yet

Kevin Design, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  4. adfunk

adfunk Peon

Best Answers:
    page rank addict is so annoying, if they dont get the page rank they want or late getting it, they will start find the digitalpoint forum ... crawling ... and making useless page rank thread and replying useless post, they real annoying is the addict ... google should be sentenced to death for making thousand of page rank addict live in misrable

adfunk, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  5. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    PR update threads are definitely annoying.

The Stealthy One, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  6. Lurznm

Lurznm Banned

Best Answers:
    Making PR update threads, it promotes the practice of making useless posts inside the thread

Lurznm, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  7. esidyo

esidyo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, people probably make these threads because they are too desperate for the next update :D :D :D

esidyo, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  8. sudeesh009

sudeesh009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Both are irritating........ Not more than your stupid post......
    STOP starting these type of threads!!!! :mad:

sudeesh009, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  9. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    nothing here yet

lightlysalted, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  10. Lorelei

Lorelei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    doubtlessly the threads, when u view the forum and see half the titles saying "PR update!!!!!!!!!!!"

the post in the thread are also annoying like hell, when u see half the members saying "i don't see a change on my sites" and the other says "my page rank raised/dropped"... but still it's all gathered in one thread which u can just ignore instead of trying to ignore 300 threads about it.

Lorelei, Jul 24, 2008 IP
    allout likes this.
  11. aninfo

aninfo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO Making useless posts inside the thread is a bit more worse than Making PR update threads. But whom to blame, there are so many people who don't know about these things and that is why they always look to ask this type of questions.

aninfo, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  12. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I did voted for starting the threads because they are both stupid and annoying but the replies in a PR thread are no different then the thousands of replies in a useless General Chat thread about nothing. Some of those go on for years.

Rob once did a stiky about PR update threads and merged all PR threads into one. That did not work well because there were still a bunch started at the next update. Maybe you need the 7 day ban for multiple PR update threads too. Seems to be working for the PM me post. The forum sure has alot of banned members.

allout, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  13. Spider Man

Spider Man Guest

Best Answers:
    There cud be a solution for this !!

We can have a Sticky Thread Every month .. where users can discuss about PR update !! (I know PR update is once in a blue moon .. but every month we have new threads from users ... asking for PR update .. So if there will be a new sticky thread every month .. users will post in that thread instead of starting a new one .... !! )

You are right about people replying to the threads is more annoying than the thread being started in the first place. ... but think this other way !!

Something like this gives an idea if there is really something happening or not !!

Many times i had seen some Innocent threads like (I'm calling it innocent because .. they don't have much knowledge about this and hence they don't deserve a infraction ... yes a Warning cud be gud in this case):
    When my PR will be update ?
    How to get PR ??
    and Blah Blah !!

We are here to exchange knowledge so if someone asking for it its a gud idea to share !!

BTW: I voted for the first one !!

Spider Man, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  14. prasad5

prasad5 Peon

Best Answers:
    everybody have its own problem for the quick reply they starts threads, and what I think forums are here for that only someone starts the thread and others try to solve his or her query, I understand starting PR thread again again is useless thing. But the one who is starting the thread did "Google update Pr Bcos my PR dropped", is a big thing may be an serious issue bcos he have to answer his clients and boss. So friends keep on helping.

We need help of you experts here by sharing your valuable comments and experience.

prasad5, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  15. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically both of them are equally annoying. As I always believe, when it comes it will come. Nobody actually knows about it except for the people at google so speculating and creating hypes will make it even more worse. You will get bored with the topic after some time.

lycos, Jul 24, 2008 IP