1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Grand Jury Clears Texan in the Killing of 2 Burglars

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GRIM, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    What a load of crap.

What if Joe Horn shot the paperboy?

What if Joe Horn shot the 3 girls scouts that were selling cookies door to door?

What if he shot all the trick or treaters that came to his door?

What if he shot the mailman?

What if he didn't shoot the two burglars and the next night they used their crowbar on your wife's head? Would you still feel so happy that they escaped the terrors of Joe Horn?

How's that for your brand of fiction? Not a single fact in my what ifs either!

In the end the criminals are dead and Joe Horn is a free man!

Two less illegals. Two less thieves. Two less prisoners to feed.

Take care.

jkjazz, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  2. Boogie Nights

Boogie Nights Banned

Best Answers:
    Two dirty mexican illegals robbing anyone's home is disgusting enough. They should not BE in this country!

Boogie Nights, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I have learned, jazz, that it isn't worth exchanging with some folks on this forum, and the reason usually comes down to an indifference to thought, or bad-faith and seeking to "win" arguments with a host of not-so-clever tactics, over an honest exchange of opinion and informed points of view. Sorry if this offends you, but I have found this to be a better practice.

Nevertheless, I will try one more time, and then have to let that illustrate why I find you either aren't thinking things through very clearly, or are just not interested in listening to reason.

This issue rests on a "reasonable persons" standard of the would-be defending actor's perceptions.

I have provided the law itself, and, point-by-point, showed why this particular issue raises some serious questions. You have not been able to reply to those points, or chosen to reply to these points, if you understand them (I make no presumption of which - ignorance or choice - it is).

To take only a couple of notions from that very law - the law you demanded all of us to rely on, but apparently to this moment haven't bothered to read a word from yourself - the notion of "trespass" or "nighttime mischief."

I will repeat my first what if:

Two kids, halloween night. Visitors to a neighborhood citizen's home, yet unknown to neighbor A, the would-be "defending actor." The kids' faces are obscured by theatrical makeup. Two bags full of unseen loot. Crossing the yard of neighbor's house, a shortcut as mom and dad told them to get home by [an earlier time] - they rush, and step into the trash cans and topple them over, causing an explosion of noise and broken glass. They crouch, thinking an adolescent "ah, crap!."

Meanwhile, neighbor A is inside his home, mounting in frenzy with the local police dispatcher, saying he sees two people he is certain have robbed his neighbor's house attempting to flee the area, and he is going to stop them. He dismisses the dispatcher's call to stay inside, and wait for the police.

He engages the kids, shotgun drawn. The kids piss their pants, and start running. He screams at them that he is going to kill them if they don't stop. Under such an exigency - and I have seen this - a fight or flight doesn't allow either kid to understand that his best option may be to stop and drop. In terms of "panic zones," both kids are now beyond condition red and run like hell. Neighbor A shoots and kills both.

Now, you will say that the difference between this scenario and the Joe Horn case is that in Horn's case, he is certain he saw them coming out of the house in question.

The problem is it doesn't matter. This rests on perception, with an incredibly wide latitude, and thus subject to an unbelievable amount of scenarios, a small sampling of which I have presented, where the would be defending actor is encouraged to act with lethal force without the normal safeguards in place to prevent such unjustified killings.

All of which, as I said, is even itself irrelevant to the Horn case, the grand jury's error nothwithstanding. You are free to revisit the text of the law that I earlier provided, and ponder the detailed, subsection-by-subsection comparison of the law, and the actions taken in this case, or not, as you would wish.

But should you choose to simply continue mounting responses based on nothing, again, this is not something I am interested in doing any longer on this forum.

northpointaiki, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  4. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I especially like the "dirty Mexican" thing. The best reason I know to murder.

Yep, not sure why some may think there is a racial element at play. :rolleyes:

5. Boogie Nights

Boogie Nights Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe some day some dirty illegal will rape you up your pompous ass.

6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Ah, yes, another web ranger, who worked really hard to put the right letters together to act really, really, really...and really tough behind the bravery of a keyboard, typing what he would be terrified to say face to face. Hope you enjoyed your time on DP, buddy.

Homebiz, if you've any question as to this "web ranger" issue of recent history, the above is a beautiful illustration.

7. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally a new take on this never ending thread. I have not seen that point of view thus far.

A Dirty Mexican
    Dirty Mexican recipe
    A terrible drink, but worthy of an unsuspecting drinker on a special occasion (ie. twenty-first birthday).

Shot Glass
    1 oz tequila alcohol
    1 tsp Hellmann's® mayonnaise
    [​IMG]

Here is the definitions according to Urban dictionary

"1)dirty mexican
    a dirty mexican is a mexican who dosent clean themselves regularly. Someone who looks greasy and dosent take showers often. Someone who usually smells.

2)dirty mexican A dirty poor mexican who lives in a dirty dump of an apartment/house and can't afford to drive a decent car. Usually of lower income status and will end up scrubbing toilets for the rest of their lives.

3) Dirty Mexican A dirty mexican is wen u roll up a tortilla jab a girl with it soak up ****** ******and make her eat it after!! "

homebizseo, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  8. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
  9. Boogie Nights

Boogie Nights Banned

Best Answers:

I am a man who has broke the nose of another in real life dipshit. I have used a handgun to stop an attacker, TWICE. I am real, mother fucker.

10. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.