1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Renamed URL, Re-Uploaded Keywords, and etc (but google still has my QS scores slapped

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by tdd1984, Jul 22, 2008.

Just curious I tried deleting my keyword list, re-uploading them, creating a new landing page, and even creating a whole new site with a new domain, but my QS still reads poor it was at GREAT for the longest time???

The odd thing is it only does it for these particular keywords becuase if I enter another market my keywords are fine? I'm thinking I have to create a new account this time?

tdd1984, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  2. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's the niche?

PPC-Coach, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  3. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like I'm going to say that. I will tell you this though I see one other affiliate and he's up and running, but he's using the same landing page and just changed his URL around a bit.

Maybe I need to re-name the campaign along with ad-groups?

tdd1984, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  4. Varunksood

Varunksood Peon

Best Answers:
    creating a new account is a better idea as google remembers the old QS of keywords

Varunksood, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  5. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Sometimes what actually helps is if you wait 3-4 days until you create another campaign with using the troubled keywords.

RichUser, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  6. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    I guess I'll find out. What I did was deleted the old campaign then re-uploaded the new one which the same name and ad groups, but I updated the landing page urls and the landing page of course.

tdd1984, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  7. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    if you keep reuploading and the only thing your changing is the url then you will continually get slapped because the same error on your landing page exists each time. Google is not going to just allow one of the new urls all of a sudden, it does not work that way.

Fix the LP error and then try uploading with a new url and you wont have the problem. You can keep the same campaign structures and names, that does not matter

robertpriolo, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  8. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    getting a new account is your best and least expensive option.

i just linked up a landscaper's account that had QS of poor across the board, and had been running for 6 months. I created a new campaign for them on a new site that I had set up properly, and it started out with Poor QS and 5.00 min.

I have never had that problem with anything I have created in past.

To confirm I hadn't done anything wrong, I uploaded the exact campaign to another account I managed that had QS of great on everything.

On a different account with the same campaign every keyword had a QS of great with a few ok's but no bid was higher than .10

That proves that accounts get slapped by Google, not just campaigns.

DavidK1, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  9. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    actually you do not need a new account. I do it all the time for clients who are slapped.

You can use the same account and the same structure

The only thing you have to do is delete the old one first and then reupload the new one... Works every time

10. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:

but this new campaign was completely different than the one they originally had (which I just paused)

Their campaign was targeted to the entire USA with a 90+ broad keywords with the city in them. Their website had issues as well. They also had a "dream job" e-book type campaign which was just as bad, and didn't relate at all to the other.

The campaign I created was geotargeted with only 4 phrase match words, and was for a completely different website which I created for phone tracking purposes.

So i don't see how Google was associating the 2 on the same account if they were that different. Thats why I concluded it was the account in general.

Anyways, getting a new account was the best option in my client's case because I was able to give them a $100 credit ;)

I still have the old account linked and will try your method to see if it works and report back.

DavidK1, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  11. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    Dude when you re-upload the campaign you have to delete the old one and create a new campaign name along a new URL (landing page). If you have to create a new account it will take a *lot* to get things back to normal when I mean a lot you will have to spend a ton and build history up through the account. Also when you upload the new campaign you have to give it a new name. We had one campaign get slapped and tried using a new URL (landing page) and it still didn't fix it, but when we deleted that campaign, built a new campaign with a new name, it worked great!

my QS scores we're back at GREAT and all my keywords are performing like they was before.

tdd1984, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  12. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    that's good to know, but still doesn't explain the experience i described.

it was a new campaign with a different name, a different type of targeting, completely new ad, new keywords all going to a NEW DOMAIN! (not just URL)

creating a new account in my situation has worked just fine... it performs well and there is no "getting back to normal" as you say... the old account was never normal to begin with.

DavidK1, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  13. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Yea, most likely occurred because your accounts history was bad, so it pulls down the quality score of all your new ads.

RichUser, Jul 23, 2008 IP
    DavidK1 likes this.
  14. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    which was my point all along! :D

thank you RichUser!

DavidK1, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  15. tdd1984

Best Answers:
    Yea probably becuase your old account had a bad history which it shouldn't if it was managed properly.

tdd1984, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  16. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    right, i originally stated it had a bad history... 6 months worth. it clearly wasn't managed properly, which is why I was hired to take it over.

DavidK1, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  17. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    When you uploaded into the slapped account, how long did you wait before switching to a new account?

I have seen it do that before but where it slaps anything added to the account but usually become undone within 24 hours

18. Dootch

Dootch Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen this as well

Dootch, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  19. DavidK1

DavidK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    i did not wait... this was my first time getting a hold of such a jacked up account. i paused the existing one, and created the new one. immediately after.

i tried what you said, and the results were better but still not optimal. QS was still poor with min bids at .50.

I believe that you are right, i think the issue in this case was the other poor campaign that his brother was using to sell an e-book, still being active. I don't want to even touch that one.

In my case I think starting a new account was best, but good to know that for cases like the OP's it's not the only way out.

Appreciate the insight.

DavidK1, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  20. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Im glad I was able to show you it is possible...

at 0.50 you just need to optimize text ads to get QS lower...

Watch give it a try... write 2 - 3 ads, wait 10 - 15 minutes, wash and repeat till QS goes to 0.25 or 0.15 maybe even 0.10

robertpriolo, Jul 25, 2008 IP