1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What was biggest CTR designe you ever heard of?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by glink1, May 2, 2006.

hi

Some time ago i read from webmaster that claimed that his site was performing at 30% CTR after he changed his designe.
    He claimed also that it was because ads ware relevant to topic. I think it was mostly becouse designe (very original one)
    recently he changed his designe but he didnt metioned why.
    What is your experienc with high-20/30/40+ CTR??

Regards Chris

glink1, May 2, 2006 IP
  2. MaxM

MaxM Peon

Best Answers:
    One site of mine had a significant increase in CTR upon placing images aside the advertisments. They have to be spaced and can't be pointing to the ads, or something to that extent I believe.

Additionally, blending your ads into the content by color and location also can assist greatly. I've heard success in placing an AdSense box below navigation, in efforts to meld them together in apperance.

G'luck!

MaxM, May 2, 2006 IP
  3. glink1

glink1 Peon

Best Answers:
    i've seen sites with images nearby ads and thats confusing :)
    on webmasterworld forum i read from guy that has 30%CTR, and have done 30 for more then 18 months. :)
    So there is second 30CTR i woner if someone else has 30 CTR site.

glink1, May 2, 2006 IP
  4. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many reasons why one topic can have a higher CTR over another. From me experience, here is my breakdown:

Geek-topics have the lowest clicks (gaming, high-tech, etc)
    Dad/Mom/Middle-age topics have higher clicks

Overloading a reader with available links reduces the chance of an ad click. I prefer to give my readers choice of reading more of my site or the sites of others, so I know my CTR is low because of this. My ads are VERY relevant, though, but I don't write for clicks, I write for the profit of gaining more knowledge from my comments and forums. If you give someone no choice to moving forward in your topic, they'll likely click an ad rather than clicking the Back button or closing the window.

If your topic is interesting, ads near the bottom of the article will work well. If your topic is boring, ads near the top work better.

Good luck on increasing CTR. I prefer increasing quality traffic (with a lower CTR) than the other way around, but I'm not AdSense crazy :)

dadasays, May 2, 2006 IP
  5. glink1

glink1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow.That sounds very heroic, i guess i'll do the opposite :) maybe when i'll be rich i'll start projects that will be pure for 'gaining knowledge'.
    For now i admire (BTW. you got other incomes then from site, right? :)"
    Thanks for reply and for tip.

glink1, May 2, 2006 IP
  6. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    My sites gain me so much knowledge that the AdSense income is irrelevant. The information I gain from my sites has allowed me to double my consulting fee, so I am actually working 1/2 the time I used to work to make the same money. It also gives me more time to write online, which gives me more information which hopefully will let me raise my consulting fee even more.

AdSense is awesome, I definitely make a good 4 figures a year (maybe 5 soon), but it isn't my only income, nor will it ever be. I put all that cash back into culling new information sources and developing better relationships with others in my niches. Share the wealth :)

dadasays, May 2, 2006 IP
    MaxM likes this.
  7. MaxM

MaxM Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good, inspiring even.

Also, I thought it was quite knowledgable to point out that geek-esque sites have fewer clicks than say housewife sites on account of general user knowledge. Have a green one :D .

MaxM, May 2, 2006 IP
  8. glink1

glink1 Peon

Best Answers:
    once agin wow, thats the spirit!!
    (little off topic : if you learned to double you earnings you can write and book
    about how you done it and sell it :) and as for books selling i read one good advise- sell paperbooks insted of ebooks because you can ask for more for paper book then for ebook:) easy and sweet rule. )

glink1, May 4, 2006 IP
  9. glink1

glink1 Peon

Best Answers:
    any one else?

i read about another over 30% ctr, someone had or has 40-50% CTR,not specified who but it makes me think :)

glink1, May 4, 2006 IP
  10. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    Its defenetely doable. I was getting close to that number myself. Think about it. You have some kind of software download site, you make your adsense banner look like a button. On top of that you get lucky with a related ad that says: "Download ---software your are sharing--- now" With targeted traffic you could be looking at around 70% CTR

mightyb, May 4, 2006 IP
  11. glink1

glink1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thx for post mightyb,
    70% makes huge diffrence,
    I plan to make one page site with good advise article.
    I'll add only adsense links or adsense and one affiliate link
    (if oter sites that will have some affiliate program),
    I read about more then 100% CTR when people visit once and open
    two or more ad links.
    but 70% is huge anyway.
    Ps. Can you write how you implemented the ads?And what format.

glink1, May 4, 2006 IP
  12. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    That was just an example. Its not what i had but something like this http://www.daily3gp.com/?p=83 works fine.

mightyb, May 4, 2006 IP
  13. Kuraptka

Kuraptka Peon

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine owns an alternative medicine site for elderly people.. he says he gets up to 45% CTR somedays... So yeah, if you got a site that targets women and old people, that's gold... If you got a site that targets webmasters and tech geeks.. well, that's not gold =(

Kuraptka, May 4, 2006 IP