1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

30 Clicks to Merchant's Page but 0 Conversions ... Opinions?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Binary Ant, Jul 22, 2008.

Hi, I'm running my first "serious" campaign. The ads are more or less good (great QS) and my LP too (I think so, perhaps I'm wrong...), and the main AdGroups have CTR's from 1'2% to 18% to my LP.

Till the moment I didn't calculate the CTR from my LP to the merchant's LP, my main worry is that I sent 30 visitors to the merchant's LP but I don't have any conversions at the moment.

Is it too soon to evaluate this numbers? I'm starting to think that perhaps the offer isn't as attractive as I thought but surely I must have at least 100 clicks to evaluate.

¿Opinions? Thanks in advance.

Sorry about the lack of info like the url of my LP and the merchant's LP but I prefer to keep private this data.

Binary Ant, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  2. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Way to soon to start worrying. I usually leave at least 150-200 clicks until I start to change things.

RichUser, Jul 22, 2008 IP
    Binary Ant likes this.
  3. vesparich

vesparich Peon

Best Answers:
    I try not to spend more than half of the commission. That way my return is 100%.

vesparich, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  4. Moonrise Productions

Moonrise Productions Peon

Best Answers:
    It is probably the ineffective keywords that you are using?

Moonrise Productions, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  5. DanFlo

DanFlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes like someone else stated you need more clicks.
    Are those keywords money keywords, are they relevant to the product?
    High CTRL doens't mean many sales, also you didn't told us in what market .

DanFlo, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  6. Binary Ant

Binary Ant Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answers friends. As I said this is my first serious campaign and I don't expect to earn money with it, at least in the beginnings. My first goal is to make a sale, I only want to do that to convince myself that it could work.

I have almost 130 AdGroups, everyone with only one keyword (50% exact phrases and 50% just phrases, no broad) and all of them highly related to the product and with its own customized Ad. It took me almost 3 days to set up this campaign and it is only the beginning, I have to filter better ads, play with the bids to extract the best of them, search for more longtail keywords, etc.

The problem is that I have heard other aff. marketers complaining about this aff.network (I suppose that I'm not allowed to tell which one is) and they say that with this network they have a lower conversion rate (leads, sales...).

I'll wait to reach the 100 clicks to the sales page...Meanwhile I'm going to start another offer, but not one of this network.

Binary Ant, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  7. Varunksood

Varunksood Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure your you have verified your conversion code.......

Varunksood, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  8. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Make sure that you are getting the correct geographic traffic. Some offers only allow traffic from a specific country. So make sure your getting traffic from a country that is allowed for the offer.

RichUser, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  9. Binary Ant

Binary Ant Peon

Best Answers:
    The campaign is targeted by country.

What do you mean? the code to know which kw are converting more?

Finally, a bad news, my QS went from Great to OK...also my CTR and my ad position went down :confused:

Binary Ant, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  10. Varunksood

Varunksood Peon

Best Answers:
    no i am just saying if the conversion code verified or notby google adwords

QS goes down when website is changed and it doesnt include main keywords anymore, or CTR goes down

Basically QS= KW history + landing page relevancy + CTR

Varunksood, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  11. Binary Ant

Binary Ant Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry I'm really newbie, I don't know which conversion code has to be verified by Adwords.

I'm not tracking deeply my campaign (I have to learn how to do it well). For the moment I'm only using the aff.network stats and Analytics...but I'm using WordPress (with a template designed by me to look like a LP) and Analytics plugin crashed with the latest 2.6 update... Improve tracking system is in my "to do" list.

Changes recently? Yes, I added a some long tail kw, between 50 and 70 kw. I don't know if this could affect the QS. The LP was the same.

PS: and those big marketers who use thousands of kw per offer, do they reach the Great QS?

12. Binary Ant

Binary Ant Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I saw the "Conversion Tracking" tab in my Adwords account. I'm not using that for the moment, I have to learn about that.

13. Varunksood

Varunksood Peon

Best Answers:
    Google always gives a suprise visit to your landing page, and in this visit it sees if the keywords are still relevant or not. If not it decrease the quality to ok or poor.

ALso u said ur CTR decrease, which has certainly affected your quality score.

So basically what is happeneing is people are not finding your ads attactive enough to click on it.
    you have to start split testing your ads to get better results or get a copywriter to write your ads.

Need Help With Adwords From Google Adwords Qualified Professional? Visit AdamTraffic.com.au and AdamsAdwords.com

Binary Ant likes this.
  14. Binary Ant

Binary Ant Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, my keywords are mostly in my LP. I have a kw per landing groups so I can bid per single kw.

Yes, this morning (I'm in Spain) I got less clicks and my CTR decreased. My first reaction was to increase the bid, I don't know if it is a good or bad solution.

Ok, I'll start splitting the more active kw into two ads. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the offer, but for the moment I want to do and learn everything.

Another question: What should I do with the long tail kw that get 0 or 1 views per day? Because I have a lot and I don't know if they affect QS or CTR. Well In fact, the 95% of my kw are generating a very poor number of views, 5 or less per day (most of the 0)

15. Varunksood

Varunksood Peon

Best Answers:
    long tail kw are good as they are very specific to your market and for this reason there are less impressions. But they are good. If you are not getting clicks for those kws, its because the ad is not working for that keyword. Create an extra ad group for that keyword with different ads.

When you have a ad group with 20 kw, not all kw's work as good as the other one its because the ad is not working for all the keywords. In that case you have to create an extra ad group for non working keywords and get seprate ads for those keywords

16. Binary Ant

Binary Ant Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I said that I'm not getting views for a long list of long tail kw, 100 kw more or less. If they don't have views, they should not affect in anyway my campaign, right? So for the moment I can leave there and wait.

PS: I didn't get those long tail kw from a tool, simply I made variations adding kinds and locations.

PS2: thanks Varunksood for all the answers and the attention you are paying me :)

17. Varunksood

Varunksood Peon

Best Answers:
    if you dont have any views than thats ok that will not affect your campaign quality...so leave them there
    what i would suggest is to get keywords from google keyword tool. So you can have keywords which have good amount of traffic.

My pleasure. I love to help people with adwords

18. Binary Ant

Binary Ant Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, I use it :) but I thought I could compose my "own" longtail kw. For the moment they are not working very well :rolleyes:, I'll carry on with G.KW.Tool, but I think I should start using other free tools too. I have some noted in a txt in my home computer.