1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why this site is in Google top 10?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by rohit_tripathi60, Jul 22, 2008.

Some people says content is king, some says links is very important and some says Meta tag. But this site (http://www.iit-jee.8m.com) doesn’t have anything from them but still ranks in Google top 10 for IITJEE………….. why?

rohit_tripathi60, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  2. john.fisher

john.fisher Peon

Best Answers:
    back links, domain rego info kick in to play important role

john.fisher, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  3. Matt Inertia

Matt Inertia Peon

Best Answers:
    It happens quite a bit. Most of the time it comes down to links but in this case it might be the age of the domain.

It looks as though they're selling links:

<a href="http://www.freeservers.com" target="_top">Free Web Hosting Provider</a> 
                  - <a href="http://www.globalservers.com" target="_top">Web Hosting</a>
                  - <a href="http://www.bizhosting.com" target="_top">E-commerce</a>
                  - <a href="http://www.netzero.com/?refcd=MWS0404NWP11" target="_top">High Speed Internet</a>
                  - <a href="http://www.freeservers.com/Free-Web-Page.html" target="_top">Free Web Page</a>
    HTML:
    I'd report them to google's spam reporter and concentrate on building your own links and content.

Matt Inertia, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  4. guest

guest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simply nonsense!

8m.com is www.freeservers.com

those links are from that service and nothing to do with the http://www.iit-jee.8m.com/

check some other
    http://www.zimbabwe.8m.com/
    http://www.hindibooks.8m.com/

I suggest you guys concentrate on learning and doing much research before even thinking of judging on others.

do you know at least who created it?
    did some basic research?

Half knowledge is dangerous (No offense)

guest, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  5. Matt Inertia

Matt Inertia Peon

Best Answers:
    Tut tut. Poor posting with a bad attitude - a simple i disagree would have been sufficient. Why dont you benefit us all with your knowledge and answer the post question?

I would still report this site to Google, it's bringing down the quality of their search results and that's what they are trying to improve so why not report them? Whats the worst that can happen...

Unrelated outbound links = bad move. Report them!

Matt Inertia, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  6. rohit_tripathi60

rohit_tripathi60 Active Member

Best Answers:
    forget his point... why dont u tell me why this website http://www.iit-jee.8m.com is in google top 10 ?

7. tendulkar2

tendulkar2 Banned

Best Answers:
    dude.. we can't do nothing about it. No one knows 100% how google rank the sites.. so..just concentrate on improving your site.

tendulkar2, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  8. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Some sites rank well without any apparent reason.

I sometimes see a simple site with a PageRank of 0, minimal backlinks and almost no content in a number one position in Google for competitive keyword phrases.

You can almost always find one or two sites in the top 10 where no one can explain how they achieved that position. Sometimes these sites are in gross violation of many Google guidelines.

TechEvangelist, Jul 22, 2008 IP
    bogart likes this.
  9. archer_07

archer_07 Guest

Best Answers:
    Because it is in their domain name.. just my thought.. :confused:

archer_07, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  10. guest

guest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pity on your perception and on your attitude.

one side you want a simple disagree
    the other side you ask me to share my knowledge:rolleyes:

you do not want others to help you know your ignorance but asking them for knowledge share?

Noobs like you should learn to how to differentiate between a site selling links to that of a site on a free server with ads on it.
    Also first learn SEO and then come back to judge me or my attitude :D

regarding my attitude, I am here since years if my attitude was bad I would have been out from many forums.

Do you at least know what you are referring when it comes to this particular scenario? ha ha
    Google is very well aware about the ADS displayed in freeservers and will not consider them to that of the page content because its beyond the reach of end user (to remove them or manipulate them, the links which you have referred).

Do you think google is a algo written by some noob like you? who do not understand or even have a sense to learn things from different directions to analyze a situation?

Google considers many factors and that is the reason WE are talking about GOOGLE today.

One of the Google factor is template,
    Top ads placement is like no access to the end user to remove them, so its not a factor when rating this kind of pages.

If you are referring to this site www.iitjeeguide.com as UNRELATED website then you need to some long time to understand basics

guest, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  11. rohit_tripathi60

Best Answers:
    hmm... this website only has a link on the name of content.. m worry bcoz m tryng to take my website in google top 10 on IITJEE.. I have done lots of SEO work, written lot of fresh content and done other seo activities but still m in 24... :-( and this website is in google top 10 for no reason :mad:

12. rohit_tripathi60

Best Answers:
    not at all.. keyword in domain is a good thing but only keyword in domain will not take your site in google top 10

13. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yep a trashy site , no doubt , however, someone has taken the time and trouble to select 4 or 5 quite strong Indian education and gov. back links, with correct anchor text , you can find them in the Yahoo Inlinks for this site That is your answer.

sleuth1, Jul 22, 2008 IP
    bogart likes this.
  14. lipsigprice

lipsigprice Banned

Best Answers:
    dear if u develop new website and those keyword also rank if its in domain without seo,,,:D

lipsigprice, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  15. cucumber

cucumber Peon

Best Answers:
    Age is the biggest factor for google serps! So keep working on ur site and wait for results!

cucumber, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  16. sleuth1

Best Answers:
    Have you ever seen an intelligent cucumber ? Rubbish !:D

sleuth1, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  17. sumit1710

sumit1710 Peon

Best Answers:
    may be they change domain name ..webpage shows new domain as IITJEEGUIDE.com..not working though

sumit1710, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  18. guest

guest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On a general note. This could be because of different reasons but not limited to,
    - The website might have had good content before the transfer to main site.
    - The website owner is a student from that IIT-JEE, some university/colleges provide student profile pages. In simple if they have a link on their profile page to this particular url it gives some importance to this url which you specified.
    - Also, if you see the page ranks of the top 10 most of them are low page rank sites.
    - Depends on competition for that keyword.
    - Google might have not yet assessed the present url or the new site www.iitjeeguide.com
    - You might not see all links from google, try checking in yahoo too. May be you find some which are good enough authority links?

I see the new url is down www.iitjeeguide.com

If you are aiming your site to rank for that keyword, then I would say just keep on promoting your website and also have contacts with some students (can get a back link). I am not sure if they have such student profiles sort of thing, but if they do have then you can try getting a back links for your website. If at all your website has useful resource its not going to be that hard in convincing one or two students:), automatically you can gain more if your site is really worth for them.

guest, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  19. sleuth1

Best Answers:
    All the links point to iit-jee.8m.com,the other site you mention is not in the picture and not relevant to its position

sleuth1, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  20. rohit_tripathi60

Best Answers:
    I didn’t find any quality link there. :-(