1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hiroshima bomb pilot died

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mhmtozek, Jul 21, 2008.

Its been almost a year since the commander of the B-29 plane that dropped the first atomic bomb, on Hiroshima in Japan died

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7073441.stm

Doesn't really matter who were right. It is a big shame to use a nuclear bomb against children and innocent people.

Today some countries are being bombed for because of developing Nuclear bombs in the middle east. But one country has privileges of having nuclear and not being treated by USA nor U.N. in same area.

mhmtozek, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  2. Idiot Inside

Idiot Inside Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What we are assumed to say? Rest in peace?

Hope not.

Idiot Inside, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  3. zehrila

zehrila Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed but oh well its an year old news.

zehrila, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  4. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Peon

Best Answers:
    The wars are going to chance their place with terrorism. I wonder if we ever will have free and peaceful world.

I was pretty sure that I wrote Hiroshima bomb pilot died almost a year ago as title. My mistake for not checking double before posting

5. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree,a great hero died.

Paul Tibbets, Pilot Of Enola Gay And American Hero, Died At 92
    By Digger

"Pilot of the Enola Gay, Paul Tibbets died yesterday at the age of 92. What this man did was courageous and needed in a time of World War. There apparently are those out there that think there is still a debate worthy of discussion on whether we should have dropped the bomb on Japan. I however see no debate existing as I've made up my mind years ago that it was a necessary thing.

As a student of history and having the joy of studying World War II extensively I can tell you that it had to be done.

The question really seems to be should we have allowed a ground invasion, where American troops would have been killed by a vicious military machine in Japan at the time, or whether we should have bombed that military machine into submission.

I am always with saving American lives. Anyone who thinks that Japan wouldn't have used the bomb on the United States if they had it simply hasn't done their proper research and investigation.

And now comes the time when everyone comes out of the woodwork and calls me a racist. Saying that I hate Japanese people.

To those let me point out that I busted my ass in the Navy in order to graduate as close to the top of my class so that I got to choose my duty station. Why did I do this? Because my top duty station selection was Japan. Forget Bermuda or Hawaii, I wanted Japan. I have had a love of the Japanese ever since I was young. The running joke in my family is that I have a sticker on my ass that says "Made in Japan", because that is where I was conceived.

I have total respect for the Japanese people and a definite fascination with them, but if the Japanese ever somehow turn over their current pacifist ways and attack the United States again, I would be once again 100% behind dropping a nuke on them, or any other country that threatens my fellow Americans for that matter.

Paul Tibbets was vilified by years by the anti-bomb crowd. The same crowd that many quite possibly would never have been born if it was not for his ending of the war, for their grandparents may have been killed. To them Paul gave no chance to make a spectacle out of his death. His ashes are being scattered at sea and there will be no official funeral or headstone for the anti-nuke/anti-war crowd to desecrate.

In 2001, Paul Tibbets told the Palm Beach Post, "Our young people don't know anything about what happened because nobody taught them and now their minds are being filled up with things that aren't true." and I couldn't agree more.

Thank God for men like Paul Tibbets - and Harry S Truman - who saw a need to end the war immediately and took action towards that end.

Rest in peace my American brother."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

homebizseo, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  6. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally think the pilot is equally responsible as those who gave the commands to drop the bombs.
    I'd rather lose my job or risk my life than to kill so many innocent people.. I'm not sorry the pilot died, I just hope he learned from his mistakes before passing away.

Nora, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  7. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, if you graduated as close to the top of your class I'm really worried about US Navy. Seriously. :)

Can you tell us how many Japanese kids aged 0-6 yo one US wroth? How many Japanese babies is worth to be killed to save a life of one US soldier? 5? 10? 15? How do you mesure that?

iggysick, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  8. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Interesting question, I do not have an answer, wonder if you have the answer to that?

wisdomtool, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  9. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Peon

Best Answers:
    Here where we are totally two different people homebizseo. I would never be behind of using nuclear even against any other country even if it would threaten my citizens.

Maybe the things are easy for us to say, since we haven't had any war in our life. But the conditions of 50 years ago and today are different and I don't see any reason to use nuclear today. Though, I can't understand how a man can sleep well after being reason of death of hundreds thousand of innocent woman and kids.

10. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    Imho the only ones who have answer on that question are those ones who justify use of nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki so I would like to see their answers on my questions.

iggysick, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't take it too seriously, I am pretty sure he is another x-box general like little willy. What he meant to say was that he got one of the top scores in the x-box game that they pretend to be in navy. :D

gworld, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  12. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:

Hey you guys obviously did not understand the article or follow the link. Look again at the article. The author graduated from the navy. The quotes and the word "by" was not good enough ay, so I went back and put the authors name in bold.

Now to answer your question.....Everyone's life to protect an US citizen or US soldiers life.

13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can not agree with this, this is the thinking done by terrorists.

GRIM, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  14. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am by no means a Terrorist.

Paul Tibbets ended the war.

15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Paul Tibbets had nothing to do with the statement you said, that all life would be worth killing to save an American.

The dropping of the Abombs is also up for debate if it was even needed to end the war.

GRIM, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  16. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    A soldier protects American blood. Go experience defending the country for once. Just don't reap the benefits.

17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That has what to do with being for killing all life to save one American citizen / soldier?

Go sign up, I tried to in the past but am ineligible ;)

GRIM, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  18. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry you were ineligible. You would have been a good one the way you always stand your ground.

19. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Some of you guys are trying to put the dropping of the bomb in the context of modern times. Here are the facts:

1. Japan sneak-attacked attacked the USA at Pearl Harbor without an official declaration of war. The declaration came after the attack.

2. Japanese soldiers were perhaps the most brutal in history in their occupation and repression of the Chinese and Koreans. People were treated much worse than animals. I know what went on. I used to spend 2 or 3 months per year in Japan and at one point talked to the father of a Japanese friend who was one of the former soldiers who occupied China. I have also been to China and Korea, and have heard their stories.

3. USA troops captured in the Philippines and elsewhere were subjected to murder and unheard of torture, atrocities and brutality. Of the 72,000 to 75,000 US and Filipino troops captured for the Bataan Death March, only 54,000 survived the march. Read the Wikipedia article. They merely gloss over what the survivors reported.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataan_Death_March

4. If the Japanese or the Germans had developed the bomb first, there was absolutely no doubt that they would have used it.

5. The bomb was dropped to end the war and to prevent the need for a ground troop assault on mainland Japan. The estimates for such an assault were well over 1 million people killed. Dropping the bombs to end the war saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

6. If Japan had surrendered immediately after Hiroshima, there would not have been a need to drop another bomb on Nagasaki.

What goes around, comes around. This was not an unprovoked attack on the Hiroshima civilian population, as is the common misrepresentation of the bombing. There were 40,000 Japanese military personnel stationed in the Hiroshima area. It was a military and industrial complex that was considered to be impenetrable and critical to the Japanese war effort.

http://www.ww2pacific.com/hiroshima.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

Given the same set of circumstances, any civilized country in the world would have made the same decision at the time. It ended a brutal war. Period.

TechEvangelist, Jul 21, 2008 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  20. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So this is what being a civilized country means, eh? Interesting. ;)

lightless, Jul 21, 2008 IP