1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Niche Network: Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BlueEew, Jul 21, 2008.

I am going to start finally making my networks, and all of the sites I have been planning over the past year and half or so. However I also want to plan something else that is bigger then everything else.

My question is: Am I better off building many sites using one Niche for a network. So instead of having a Network of Blogs. Having a Network of Blogs that all focus on the same niche.

Is this better? Advice please. :)

Thanks,
    BlueEew.

BlueEew, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  2. Logic

Logic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello BlueEew.
    I do not know about what your niche will be?
    I do not now many blogs you are planning?
    Are you going to have unique content for each?
    Are you going to be able to maintain a series of blogs with unique content?

Just some questions that can help you get better advice from us and others on the DP.

Logic, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  3. BlueEew

BlueEew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used blogs as an example. I am actually thinking on the lines of static xHTML/CSS websites. Not blogs etc.

My Niche, will not be anything any other webmaster uses for profits. It is a Niche that is usually fan based and profit free usually.

The amount of websites is unknown. I will keep building until I cannot build no more on that one niche.

All content will be unique. Written by me or staff members who are actually passionate about the subject.

BlueEew, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  4. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm, tricky one. Providing you have good, unique content, you have to decide which one is more important:
    - Making it so a lot of people interested in a specific niche will visit at least one of your blogs, and therefore taking over the niche, bit by bit (obv. this wont work on a huge niche, just as money making)
    - Spreading yourself so you catch a wider audience....

If the first one is more important, set up a network on the same niche, if the second one is, them set them up on different niches. How many blogs are you planning to make?

I've always thought the main part of a blog is having high quality, unique articles. If you can't do this, don't bother starting a network, just focus on one site, promote it loads and update daily...

Good Luck!
    Simon

EDIT: Damn, your 2nd post kinda mucked up this whole post :p Oh well, maybe it'll help someone else...

kiteguy123, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  5. BlueEew

BlueEew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your advise still applies.

The Network would consist on having websites mainly, however there will be Blogs, Forums, Wiki's, and various other CMS.

I want to make a Network on this one Niche I have in mind so I can benefit from having a large amount of sites. For example all them linking to each other will make them share traffic, and PageRank.

BlueEew, Jul 21, 2008 IP