1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content copied, how I can react? Really need help.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by binjamin, Jul 19, 2008.

Hello,

I have a blog that I update everyday with usique article written by me.
    Another blog copy all my content automatically via rss without any link back or more feature, the article that I post with videos, photos or anything get copied to his blog automatically get posted on his blog like if he is the writer!

My blog is powered by wordpress.

Is that can harm my site ( I think is yes ), what I can do to stop that shit!

binjamin, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  2. pluto459

pluto459 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well take it as a compliment your stuff is worth using
    then if your using wp as well there is a copyright plugin you can use that adds a copyright notice on the bottom of every post, just search for it.

then make sure to put your adsense code on every page so you can at least profit from him

pluto459, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  3. shireen2007

shireen2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Pluto, get a copyright and digital fingerprint plugin installed and activated. You might also want to consider the Creative Commons Configurator plugin which will be inserted into the bottom of your posts saying that the content belongs to you.

shireen2007, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  4. binjamin

binjamin Banned

Best Answers:
    The site that use my article already had adsense and if I put my ads in the posts I had to add this site to my autorized list in my adsense acc + my articles now are not copy scape passed!

5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You could contact them and ask them to remove it. I usually give them 48 hours to comply with a cease and desist, and then I go after them harder, doing the following:

1. Contact Adsense first. You can have their account banned for displaying their ads on stolen content.

2. Then contact Google and other search engines with ALL URLs that were copied (their URL and your corresponding one) to have them de-indexed - DMCA complaint.

3. If they use other ad networks or private advertisers, contact them too. They're stealing content, b/c they're able to profit from it. Knock out their income streams.

4. Then, and only then, send a DMCA notice to their host to try to have their account suspended (or at the very least have all infringing pages removed). If you do this too soon, and the pages are offline, Google won't de-index things (it'll happen naturally, but slower) and they won't be able to witness the ads on the content to shut down the Adsense account.

jhmattern, Jul 19, 2008 IP
    aflusche likes this.
  6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent advice.

browntwn, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  7. zehrila

zehrila Peon

Best Answers:
    That is bit brutal approach,

1: Contact other blog and ask him to remove your content from his blog or link back to your posts and give proper credit.

2: Report his host if he doesn't remove your content and send Dmca.

zehrila, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  8. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    People breaking the law and stealing something you've worked hard on deserve no sympathy or a non-"brutal" approach. If your intellectual property rights are even a portion of your livelihood, you have every right to (and should) defend them to the greatest extent possible. No one should be using your content without your permission to earn money (whether uniquely to them, or via something on your site saying it can be used and monetized elsewhere). If they choose to do that, they should be prepared to deal with the consequences.

jhmattern, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  9. binjamin

binjamin Banned

Best Answers:
    I sent him an email asking him to remove my posts or give link back and if I didn't heard from him in 48 hours I'll report the copyright violation to Google and I'll contact Google adsense too as he use it. I added a copyscape badge too.

10. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    great thanks :)

there is an option for full rss and limited rss so i think you can temporarily give only 3-4 lines in rss feeds

chandan123, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  11. binjamin

binjamin Banned

Best Answers:
    Guyz problem solved. Thabk you all. I contacted him via email and I asked him to remove my content kindly and if he didn't get back to me in 48hours I'll contact SE and his host directly :) and guess what he responded in less than 6 hours and my content is removerd from his site.

binjamin, Jul 20, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  12. miracleberry

miracleberry Guest

Best Answers:
    yes, but he will just find another one to copy so he doesnt care, thats their attitude, soon as you get noticed just admit defeat and move on, it doesnt stop the blatant plaguirisation does it, it should be a criminal offence !!! with 40 years hard labour

miracleberry, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Change how you display the feeds. Make it so it only displays an extract of the blog post.

dcristo, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  14. binjamin

binjamin Banned

Best Answers:
    I already did and that's what they showing via feed burner but they have a specific plugin that grab the full post even with RSS cut.

binjamin, Jul 21, 2008 IP