1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many backlinks have you got and whats the best way of getting them?

Discussion in 'Google' started by mighty.one, Jul 19, 2008.

I have around 823 backlinks and my site started in Sept 2007.

I have done quite a lot of directory submitting but am looking for an easier way to get backlinks.

Please share your story here :)

mighty.one, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  2. paystolivegreen

paystolivegreen Peon

Best Answers:
    Try commenting on blogs and forums like this one. Try to find articles and forums that are relevant to the topic of your site. There is no real easy way to build quality backlinks. Also, make sure you don't get nofollow links as they won't help your pr.

paystolivegreen, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  3. martyn.b

martyn.b Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a about quality rather than quanity!

martyn.b, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  4. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can go ahead and submit your content to my qassia link on my site and give up comments to my do-follow enabled blog.

SFOD_D223, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  5. matty281k

matty281k Active Member

Best Answers:
    drop your links anywhere all counts as something

matty281k, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  6. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. I find YouTube to be effect. Just say "Thanks to www.yoursitename.com for this video" in the credits.

2. Posting on lots of forums with your site is good (don't spam or it becomes pointless)

3. Post comments on other general blogs on the web, if they have a do-follow attribute this could help both your PR and your "Google Juice"

4. Submitting some of your articles every now and then to www.ezinearticles.com can help you also get some good PR boost plus backlinks to your site. And if your a good writer there, people will feel inclined to come to your site.

5. When uploading images to your blog always tag them properly. You'd be surprised by the amount of people that can stumble onto your blog from Google Images.

6. Have a way to email an article or submit it to big social bookmarking sites. This way, if people really like the article, they have a easy way to save and share it.

7. Word of mouth... doesn't sound like much, but small little things about "Hey did you see that article about blah blah on www.blah.com??" Can get you some good hits every now and again.

8. Have a form of commenting or sign up. Making readers active or giving them an incentive to stay and read can be as simple as saying "What do you think?" Then it encourages people to comment on your writing.

9. Send out newsletters... Try and keep them at least to monthly but remind your subscribers that your site is till alive and well. Lots of forum owner make this mistake. A forum with 10,000 members and only 5 active ones is sad, and part of it is because people signed up, then forgot.

10. Offer contests as often as you can afford. It might not sound like much (again) but people just Googling "free whatever" might find your site, and if they like it enough, they might just stay despite them not winning.

11. Be sure you submit to directories. There are thousands of free directories out there that can really help you. Some with higher PR can help your pagerank while reeling in a few occasional views (if you have made a good description for your site.

12. Try and offer downloads from your site. If your hosting plan is bandwidth permitting (either unlimited or maybe 25TB) hosting full downloads from your site can be useful. People searching for say Firefox 3 might find your site, get the download from your site, then stay cause it looks cool.

And that my friend is my 12 tips to advertise your site. I'm sure there are many many more out there, but I try and utilize everything I have said above on my own blog. Hope that helped you.

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 19, 2008 IP
    Wreckadge likes this.
  7. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    SFOD_D223, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  8. mighty.one

mighty.one Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post ben!

I was wondering how many backlinks you all had and the type of position you were in BIg G.
    This may give an indication as to whether backlinks make a big difference.

9. Daniel_S

Daniel_S Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your listing!

It could be also good, to write to other bloggers and describing them the benefit of your page. Maybe you get your own article on other blogs.

Daniel_S, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  10. wootwoot

wootwoot Peon

Best Answers:
    How about text link exchange? Although it's not a good way to impress Google.

wootwoot, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  11. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Posting direct links on sites or "selling links" is frowned upon in the eyes of Google and should not be taken lightly. Unless your 100% sure you need those links on your site, don't put them in. Its a big risk, because loosing your PR could do more damage then you think.

Its like doing something illegal, is the risk worth the reward...? Not usually.

Also, thanks guys for the comments on my post, glad you guys liked it. :)

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  12. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The best (but most difficult) way to get a lot of good quality links is to get a story on the front page of DIGG .. My site was on the front page about 2 years ago and got hundreds of good, high PR links.. That story still drives hundreds of visits per day.

Tearabite, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  13. mighty.one

mighty.one Active Member

Best Answers:
    And how do you think is the best way to get on the front page of DIGG? Just get loads of people to digg your site?

14. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it takes something unique and interesting that will get thousands of DIGGs.. This is why it's so difficult.

Tearabite, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  15. xenus

xenus Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree!That is true!

xenus, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  16. hiteshb

hiteshb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have 8000+ in one site. Usually i have links from blogs. So blogs are best thing to have back links

hiteshb, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  17. mighty.one

mighty.one Active Member

Best Answers:
    hitesh, do you post the links on blogs yourself?

18. hiteshb

Best Answers:
    No Mighty,

I am webmaster in the section of cricket sports. So usually i have link exchange with them on blog side-wide. So my backlinks increase 500 in every update in google webmaster. As you know all blog owner write around 10+ article every day so by this i get 500+ backlinks every update in google webmaster tools.

Also because of that site, i have now good pr in all my other sites.

hiteshb, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  19. allaboutsms

allaboutsms Banned

Best Answers:
    still under 100, still learning about SEO and backlink

allaboutsms, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  20. hiteshb

Best Answers:
    dont worry allaboutsms. I was also at this point when i started.

hiteshb, Jul 19, 2008 IP