1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how can i find moderators for my forums ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by hamedtaha, Jul 19, 2008.

hi
    how can i find moderators for my forums ? do i have to pay for that ?

hamedtaha, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's best to hire from within.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  3. sami1255

sami1255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your forum is new, then certainly paid moderation is what you are going to attain.. but if you already got a number of members on the forum.. its good that you appoint most active members for the moderation and also give them a share from the forum's monthly earning.. leme know if are lookin for paid moderation. :)

sami1255, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  4. hamedtaha

hamedtaha Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks alot
    my forums now had one year running and i have ~1200 member but no one write i need to hire posters first i think

hamedtaha, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  5. kiteguy123

kiteguy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would say that you should focus on getting active members, then focus on moderation issues. If you can get enough unpaid active users to your forum, then you can run an application for one or two moderators, offer them a bit of the revenue, and bang, youll hardly have to do any work towards it ;)

kiteguy123, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  6. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Usually sometimes if you find trustworthy members around your forum, some of them are willing to even provide volunteer moderation work. Maybe consider reward them later when you earn some revenue.

lycos, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  7. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have found that when you start a forum there is no need for moderators as there are few members to moderate. Once you have gotten bigger you will notice lots of regulars at your site. Then just ask if they want to help you, as a single mod. This will give them a sense of accomplishment and keep them doing the best they can, then slowly promote them all the way up to a Sub-Admin (as I call them) (and if you trust them that much.) Then after that, they should want to stay because to them, they are practically running the site.

If you run a forum thats good and keeps members involved you shouldn't have to pay members to moderate a forum of a topic they love. Now unless your asking them to be on 5 hours a day, pay shouldn't be necessary.

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  8. wierdo

wierdo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

I think a member who wants to do the job would do it better than a person paid to do it.

wierdo, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  9. Logic

Logic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello and happy Saturday hamedtaha.
    We operate to regional visitor related forums. One is Beach Forum and the other is Palm Springs Forum and each has three moderators. two from within our company and one ech a paid outsider associate and we pay 250.00 dollars each per month to maintain the calendars, write a few topics and be sure others are behaving.

Logic

Logic, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  10. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    If the forum has 5k active members and below, a paid moderator is not a choice... there are always older members who are willing to do the moderation for free.

silveraden, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  11. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, why you need moderation done when no one writes? Anyways, it seems the forum doesn't have regular loyal users so I guess it'll be a good idea to hire someone or just promote on of your most active member to moderator and they'll be very happy to moderate the forum ;) :)

mixke, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  12. Exodot

Exodot Peon

Best Answers:
    what silveraden said is true.

Exodot, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  13. Bleze

Bleze Peon

Best Answers:
    If you forum is new you need to hire moderators, but if you forum is old you have to put your eye in the most active members you have.

Bleze, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  14. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Community Building on the Web : Secret Strategies for Successful Online Communities (Paperback)
    by Amy Jo Kim (Author)

zinruss, Jul 20, 2008 IP
  15. esidyo

esidyo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have somebody who is posting a lot and has interest then you can keep them for free !

esidyo, Jul 20, 2008 IP