1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My first 4 digits month is only $220 away

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Jude Vihervaara, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    Paikalliset is my main project - which I will expand soon - but then I run few sideshows every now and then. But Paikalliset is defenitely my main business that brings +80% of the revenue.

Your GNR site looks great. But may I suggest you to move the ads to the right side of page - right next of the pictures (history, members & discography) - or to the top from the bottom (lyrics). Thing is that your ads are hidden ito your page. With few (minor!) changes you can boost your revenues overnight.

I believe that Google will serve better paying ads on sites that gives better revenue, so if you show that your site brings some clicks, they will give better paying ads soon. The biggest change I have made since last December is the ad positioning and I have quadrupled my income so far.

Show your ads - get some money!

Jude Vihervaara, Apr 26, 2006 IP
    FarSeer likes this.
  2. mattmdesign

mattmdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're in Finland, I would suggest making a site about Conan O'brien ;)

mattmdesign, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  3. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    :D

Actually, part of the Finland special was made just around the corner from my place. Pity that I didn't meet him.

Jude Vihervaara, Apr 26, 2006 IP
  4. JamesIsHere

JamesIsHere Guest

Best Answers:
    Good deal Jude, I'll try moving around some of the adds tonight as soon as I get off campus. I've got nothing to lose, I'll let you know how it affects my number of clicks. Good luck hitting your goal!

JamesIsHere, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  5. veedee

veedee Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome Jude!!
    (Since it took 3 months for me to earn my first $100, and 16 months to earn my first 4 digit)

veedee, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  6. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks that I'm not gonna make it - today everything was below average: traffic, CTR, earning per click, CPM and earnings. Still $110 to go - I think it's too much. :(

Jude Vihervaara, Apr 27, 2006 IP
  7. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    more two days doh! cheer!

tonyinabox, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  8. klump111

klump111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice achievement. Congratulations.

klump111, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  9. abcdefGARY

abcdefGARY Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, it's nice to hear that people are having success with AdSense.

I, too, like to know how many websites you run. As well, how long have you been in this program. Thanks.

abcdefGARY, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  10. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh well, I didn't make it. The last four days were catastrophical and the traffic, CTR, CPM and especially earnings dropped. Feels like people in Google were reading this and were teaching me

("-Hey, this guy Jude is getting too proud. He thinks he's going to make four digits - let's teach him to be humble!"
    - Yeah, let's do it. I'll tweak his CPM a little, can you drop he's SERP results?")

Last months total was $953,66 which is pretty nice and I'm very happy about it. But four digits, wouldn't that be something?

Jude Vihervaara, May 1, 2006 IP
  11. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    But four digits, wouldn't that be something?

Considering how quickly the dollar is devaluing itself (through Greenspan and Bernanke's inflation of the money supply), I'd say it is something big today, but a year or two from now we might change our minds :)

Congrats on the accomplishment, nonetheless. What do you think you can do to increase your ads' relevancy for your readers? Are you 100% satisified with your CTR, and do you believe your advertisers are happy with the traffic they're receiving? Do you feel your users are worth US$1000 to the sites that are paying for the traffic?

(Don't feel the need to answer if you don't want to, of course)

dadasays, May 1, 2006 IP
    Jude Vihervaara likes this.
  12. vprp

vprp Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, hopefully, you'll make it next month! I actually hit 4 digits for the first time this month! The thing is, I passed $2XXX so I'm ecstatic!

vprp, May 1, 2006 IP
  13. absolut

absolut Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, Jude, how is going this month? Keep us updated, it's interesting:)

absolut, May 13, 2006 IP
  14. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, this is my situation now: this month looks so far as one step back, things have been down a bit, but I'm expecting lot from last two weeks. The reason for my expectation is that I have multiplied my main site to an other city and googlebot has been busy with it last week. It took two weeks before google bot visited the site after I uploaded the sitemap and added it to my Google Stemaps account. Earlier I have noticed that it will take about a week to see the changes in Google's index and tomorrow I should see them. But three weeks after adding it to my account!

I have been very creative lately too and I have popped out few ideas which I believe can be really killer sites and one of them can be even an intnl site -> site to english speaking audience means muchos dineros comparing it to a site for finnish audience.

Jude Vihervaara, May 14, 2006 IP
  15. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    Few hours left of this month and it looks like I'm gonna be about $30 short of that four digit goal of mine.

Again! Damn!

Total earnings of this month is so far USD 964,75 and it's much better what I was expecting this morning. This very day has been strange in a positive way - the traffic has been quite high, CTR as well and my eCPM has been double to normal. With the results of today I have made my new record - but still three digits. But wait - there is still couple of hours left of this month and miracles can happen. Or can they?

Jude Vihervaara, May 31, 2006 IP
  16. silentkiller

silentkiller Peon

Best Answers:
    just wondering, how many clicks do you get daily?

silentkiller, May 31, 2006 IP
  17. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, can I tell it or was it against TOS? But if I don't tell you my pageviews so that you can't count my CTR, is it OK to tell the amount of clicks even you can count my EPC?

Don't remember.

Now USD 967,81

Jude Vihervaara, May 31, 2006 IP
  18. nichevalue

nichevalue Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations.

I am going to make $200 for the first time this month up from $60 last month. Hopefully in a few months I can join the 4 digit club ;)

nichevalue, May 31, 2006 IP
  19. Jude Vihervaara

Jude Vihervaara Peon

Best Answers:
    USD 975,56 - that was it. How close I might get the four digits without making it? Maybe in this month, in june.

Jude Vihervaara, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  20. BribeMe

BribeMe Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe good luck

BribeMe, Jun 1, 2006 IP