1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you guys think of my blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rakipo, Jul 18, 2008.

Hi, I'm new to the online marketing game but I thought I'd take a crack at it. What do you guys think i can do to improve my blog overall, and how can I drive more traffic to my blog? Thanks for your answers

Here's a link to my blog, please review it and tell me how I can improve it

http://ultimateonlinedatingguide.blogspot.com/

Thanks! :D

rakipo, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  2. Rebtl

Rebtl Active Member

Best Answers:
    seems like you have some good content but the design is not so hot. Rather I should say, you have no design.

Put a theme on it and and some spice to your posts with pictures etc

Rebtl, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  3. rakipo

rakipo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input, I'll post a picture of my family and of the books I'm linking to, do you guys think I can really make money off blogging?

rakipo, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  4. Rebtl

Rebtl Active Member

Best Answers:
    anybody can make money by blogging. the key is having content that people actually want to read. there is no big secret. old sayings are old sayings for a reason.

Content is King

Rebtl, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  5. dipal76

dipal76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fine but some improvement is necessary.
    Make more attractive with colour combination so other people like this...

dipal76, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  6. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Double post. Editing this one down.

webmasterlabor.com, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  7. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the fact that you've isolated and identified some key sponsors in the dating space. That's good. Monetization is key when blogging for profit. However, there's some issues with your blog. Since I am a content provider, my focus in this review revolves primarily around your content.

Are you blogging for SEO or for direct traffic? If you're doing the former, you need to put your keywords in your titles. It's not that simple, either. You have to write your entries in such a way that it can get a lot of votes at Digg.com and at the same time appeal to SE spiders.

Another thing you can work on is your content: you have to write to get the CLICK. Most of the text on your blog appears to sell too much. It's more like a list of sales copy instead of an actual BLOG.

Here's a sample:

"Not all of us were born a natural commedian unfortunately, but the thing is all women love to be made laugh. I have personally read and re-read this book many times, and let me tell you this books tips and techniques will never fail you. It goes in depth into the womans minds, it tells you things that should never be said when joking around and how to make her fall in lover with you after one day."

Besides the misspellings and grammar issues, it doesn't come off as a real review. If you want real book reviews that carry a strong punch, go through the reviews at Amazon.com and see their common features. Distill it and use it on your site. However, you have to pare down on the commercial blog entries.

Focus on delivering on the title of your blog "The Online Dating Guide." People are looking to be "guided" so give them information on this first before trying to upsell them. Although you do have a few entries that attempt to lay groundwork in getting the reader's trust, they seem rushed and compacted. The overall focus is to get the preliminaries out of the way and focus on selling. The result is shrill and shallow. You need to lay the groundwork first with solid content in small thematic, easy to digest batches to gain the trust of the reader before you focus on upselling them.

Bottomline: break down the themes into more blog entries, work on the titles, write content that "gets the click" because you've established credibility and trust.

It's very doable. Just focus and put in the time. I applaud your first steps. You're on the right track.

Keep your eyes focused on the prize and you'll achieve success. As I always say, "The World is YOURS!"

Best of luck and much support to you.

webmasterlabor.com, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  8. JoseArmando

JoseArmando Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can see great potential in your blog but the current layout just doesn't grab my attention. If I were you I'd make it a bit more dynamic.

Add a header image and add small images to every blog post you do. This will make your blog a bit more eye friendly and more personal.

Another thing that you might do is to move the "top recommended products" on the right under the "about me" section.

Good luck

JoseArmando, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  9. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's full of typos and grammar mistakes

magda, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  10. screationz

screationz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like your content but the design? Well it defanatly needs improving. Get your self a new theme. There are many available for free out there.

Best of luck

screationz, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  11. Robbie Foster

Robbie Foster Banned

Best Answers:
    hey budy you have copied your entire content. Google can ban you for this.
    Your content should be unique.

Robbie Foster, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  12. billy786

billy786 Peon

Best Answers:
    Drive more traffic via:
    +blog and ping
    +social bookmarking sites
    +viral software, ebooks ,etc
    +videos ie Youtube
    +for more info checkout my site

billy786, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  13. Logic

Logic Peon

Best Answers:
    rakipo hello.
    Ok Logic likes your blog it is clean like our own blog. We do not use any advertising on any of our sites so you did great. You could use a brighter and more active in our opinion banner logo type of beginning.

Keep writing,
    Logic

Logic, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  14. karmadir

karmadir Banned

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to submit your site to blog directories. Other than writing,you should concentrate on marketing your blog.

karmadir, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  15. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well looks like your blog is about dating guide but it really doesn't go along with the current site design which looks too plain. Your blog may be getting visitors from search engine, but I doubt people are willing to stay for long. Also consider adding some images to make it more attractive.

lycos, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  16. rakipo

rakipo Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry about the double post, I didn't realize. Thanks you for helping me out everybody. I appreciate the help. I've uploaded pics of the books I'm offering and instead of just links I've added banners for some instead. I'm hoping to earn enough money from this blog and various others I'm planning to create to buy my own domain name, and create an adult site. Hey, it's where the money is.

rakipo, Jul 19, 2008 IP