1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is IP address important for Google?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by blueoceanwave, Apr 30, 2006.

If I have a server that has the same IP address and say 50 domains and a lot of interlinking between the domains, will this hurt my sites? any effect at all?

(If this is the wrong area to post, please let me know)

blueoceanwave, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  2. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    IMHO it will hurt your sites and maybe get them penalized for what you are doing. Once again IMO google does look at the number of different IPs of sites linking to you and if they see you are interlinking your sites together to manipulate link popularity they might penalize you.

It has been suggested that if you are interlinking sites that they all be on different C-Blocks but thats just my opinion. Hope this helps.

Las Vegas Homes, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  3. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen a solid answer to this one. It seems that going overboard with inter-linking (regardless of IPs) may trigger some sort of penalty. I'm pretty sure Matt Cutts said something about it, can't find it right now.

I would think that a site with plenty of aged, trustworthy, and one-way links could avoid a penalty from all the inter-linking.

I'm not sure how much C-class IPs really matter. It seems more important to make sure that inter-linking does not make up the majority of your link pop.

If you have a network of related sites, or subdomains, it makes sense to inter-link them from a usability point of view. Search engines sure are getting touchy about linking structures these days, though.

Sharpseo, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  4. blueoceanwave

blueoceanwave Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for feedback.

blueoceanwave, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  5. sGroup

sGroup Peon

Best Answers:
    switch them to different c-class IP's it is a small price to pay for any gain in serps...

they count....

sGroup, May 1, 2006 IP
  6. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, being on separate C-class IPs does not automatically protect against an interlinking/link-exchange penalty. If you think about it, it would probably be more natural for a network of sites to all be on the same server than strategically spread out.

Sharpseo, May 1, 2006 IP
  7. sGroup

sGroup Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is more natural but not good for SERP.

sGroup, May 1, 2006 IP
    buronggoy likes this.
  8. khasmoth

khasmoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    khasmoth, May 1, 2006 IP
    angelfire and buronggoy like this.