1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

content based blog, how many posts per day?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by jacksmith, Apr 30, 2006.

Hi all,

I have a blog on simple workouts that can be done in office also. And i like to write only on my topic. That makes me post only few articles a week because I don't want to fill my blog with all sorts of mind less exercises.

Do you think that posting 7-10 post a week is good enough for generating good revenue. Do you have any other idea that i can cover in my blog that are not out of topic like health related articles and research findings that are specific to computer users.

What do you suggest?

jacksmith, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  2. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps some posts about diet also. 7-10 posts a week is more than enough in my opinion. You may want to start another blog about other related topics. Than you can link them together to help boost rankings for each.

BILZ, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  3. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    yes thats very good idea, i was also thinking on the same front(posting on diets). I am going to give some thought to starting some more blogs on similar topics but it will need lot of planning so that i don't mix all them together.
    thanks again for the suggestions

jacksmith, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  4. razib

razib Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree. If you want to do well in blogging then please try to post 3-4 entries each day. A blog is a place where people will come to read. The more the merrier. Pay a visit to my blog and you will see that it is only 40 days old but I have more than 170 posts.

razib, May 1, 2006 IP
  5. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I check ur blog, no doubt u have done very hard work, but its always easier to write on news or current affairs topics then things like hobbies(don't take me wrong). Can u tell us what kind of traffic and/or earning u r getting with such content.

jacksmith, May 1, 2006 IP
  6. razib

razib Peon

Best Answers:
    As for my traffic you can check my sitemeter and see yourself. Well, about payment, I cannot say anything as I am working for a Blog Network called Know More Media. I am one of their expert authors. Know More Media (http://www.knowmoremedia.com/) is one of the leading blog networks in Internet today.
    I agree with you that it is tougher to write about holly that current news. On the other hand, there is too much competition in the field of current affairs. Still, I think that if you want to be a successful blogger then you should write minimum 2 posts daily. I think 15-25 posts per week is better.

razib, May 1, 2006 IP
  7. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Darren from problogger have also suggested that anything less then 3 post a day is not going to do any good. I think you are right about 15-25 post a week.
    Know more media? were your blog part of some other network. I read your post couple of days back about being accepted to some other network. correct me if i have mistaken.

8. razib

razib Peon

Best Answers:
    A few days ago, I wrote that my 3 blogs have been accepted by Blogburst Network (http://blogburst.com/). Blogburst is accepting blogs that they would prmote to mainstream media. Please check the link and apply. Well, they do not accept all blogs.

razib, May 1, 2006 IP
  9. people76

people76 Guest

Best Answers:
    - I think sitemeter shows all network traffic, not only yours.

people76, May 1, 2006 IP
  10. razib

razib Peon

Best Answers:
    No, please visit my blog again and then you can find two sitemeters and you can easily find my blog's sitemeter.

razib, May 1, 2006 IP
  11. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    how come your blog be part of two network at same time - Know More Media and blogburst. or are you just working for Know More Media and have't submitted ur blog there? anyway thanks for the suggestion. Right now im little too new for all this and i want to get all my concepts clear beforing making any sort of commitment. I am definately going to check the link but could you tell me what are the benefits of joining blogburst or for that matter any network and what do they get in return from us or net in general?

12. loopy62

loopy62 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's just me jack, but whenever I go to a blog site and find it full of ads I get turned off. Btw, I commented on your blog. I like the information you have there. Maybe toning down the amount of ads you have in your site maybe will help.

loopy62, May 1, 2006 IP
  13. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Posting several times a day?
    Just make one post of everything and be done with it.
    My blog is kept to only the last 3 postings (I hate to go to a blog and it has a scroll that would kill a mouse!).
    For sure, I see and read a lot of blogs daily, some post only once a day, others several times.
    Those that post several times, I only read what has been posted at the time I visited. I don't go back to see if they updated with a new post.

IMHO

iowadawg, May 1, 2006 IP
  14. miked

miked Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I agree you should keep the posts short and to the point, I disagree that you should put all posts together. Each post probably has a point to make and by merging them together, you would probably lose that point in the clutter.

Of course, it all depends on what type of blog you have and what it is you are talking about, but 2 or 3 posts a day is reasonable if you want the search engines constantly coming back to check for new content.

But blogging is about voicing what you have to say about things. If you have a lot to say, then say it and say it as many times as you need to.

miked, May 2, 2006 IP
  15. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    sometimes quality of your content gets affected if you give too much importance to search engines, specially when you have a very specific topic to write about. Said that, its very important for any blog to be seo savvy if it want to make a place in the professional bloggers community. Its all about making a balance between two.

jacksmith, May 2, 2006 IP