1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

your squeeze page..

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by jimmybloggs91, Jul 2, 2008.

Hey guys,

just started going about setting up my first squeeze page and was wondering what mailing list scripts you guys use, i have installed phplist (because it came with cpanel) but am finding it difficult to configure and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations.

thanks in advance for any help

jimmybloggs91, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  2. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not just shell out for Aweber? Admittedly, the upfront payment kind of sucks, but it's annual and you won't have to worry about it for another year. that way, you can spend less time on the technical and more time on making money. just my 2 cents.

flip, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  3. jj407

jj407 Peon

Best Answers:
    Aweber for the win! ;)

jj407, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm using GetResponse as it's cheaper than AWeber... I can't really compare it to AWeber (since I havent used it) - but it seems to be working OK. It's not the most user friendly thing in the world though. I'm getting the hang of it, anyway.

Zibblu, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  5. jimmybloggs91

jimmybloggs91 Peon

Best Answers:
    cheers for the tips guys looking at both of them options now.

The thing is, when i look at my cpanel on the left handside (where it shows the statisitics of the account) it says mailing lists 0/25. But when i tried to use the phplist this number never increased to 1/25. any ideas what this is for then?

jimmybloggs91, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  6. montiuk

montiuk Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest aweber for any newbie or basically any marketer at all, they have great customer support and if you are just starting out a fantastic set of guides to get you up and running and how to actually make your first email list step by step its fantastic.

montiuk, Jul 3, 2008 IP
  7. jimmybloggs91

jimmybloggs91 Peon

Best Answers:
    well after a few days of just hoarding emails (from my opt-in) i realised it probably wouldnt be worth me spending any sort of money on emailing, so can anyone recommend me a free one to use until i have a somewhat respectable amount of emails to send to?

jimmybloggs91, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  8. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Bravenet, its free, but your users will know it is

almir, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  9. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just bought aweber few days ago, I'm really happy with it I must say. It's my first try at e-mail marketing, and I though that I would be confused and would have trouble configuring it. However, I managed to easily configure and setup the mailing list with aweber, without having any difficulty, or without needing to resort to the technical support,

So if its up to me... Aweber FTW !

Ripped, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  10. jimmybloggs91

jimmybloggs91 Peon

Best Answers:
    is there no scripts or whatever that can do it that i need to download? my CMS scripts can email to all of the users that have signed up?

jimmybloggs91, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  11. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    PHPList and all that free stuff is just unprofessional, and your subscribers know that. For what you get, AWeber is worth the price 100 times over, you can get GetResponse as well...

If you're looking to make real money with email marketing, you have to make a real investment. Everything comes with a cost, whether that be time, energy or money.

Your list is your most powerful weapon, so you better treat it right. List size does not matter, the actual subscribers do.

lemonarian, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  12. jimmybloggs91

jimmybloggs91 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really do understand, thanks lemon

i was just thinking that maybe there was something so i could use my own email server!

ah well ill research it further thanks guys

jimmybloggs91, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  13. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I've worked with almost every solution out there including the commerical providers like EmailLabs. Some clarification.

1. Aweber is easy to use but that is not the reason to use them. You use Aweber because they have very good ISP relations and your emails will get delivered at a rate of over 90% on a constant basis. The downside is that you can't import existing email records without first having them repeat the confirmation of being on your list. You also can't use co-registration which is the best way to build a list fast.

2. If you want something on your own server I would recommend http://www.autoresponseplus.com It is the most robust script available for self-install. The downside is that if you get too many spam complaints, you could get your domain blacklisted from entire ISPs. This could be crippling for your business in the long-term so up to you to risk it.

Good luck...and send me some rep

Searchnology.com, Jul 18, 2008 IP
    kinitex likes this.
  14. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You've got two choices:

1. Aweber

2. I don't know

:)

marketjunction, Jul 19, 2008 IP