1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Help me decide price for my ebook

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by deadlychaos25, Jul 18, 2008.

Hi All,

After 6 months of collection of data and research i am finally launching my Ebook which is on SEO.
    I have spend about 1500 $ (design programming and useful data) till now and my book is of 120 pages.
    Please let me know what price will be best for my hard work ?
    i was thinking to set the price between 95-97 $ but still confused on how the sell will work.
    Need help from you guys
    please share your experiences also to let me know what works better and what doesn't
    Rep will be added for relevant answers.

deadlychaos25, Jul 18, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your SEO eBook needs to be unique, written in a unique way with all unique content if thats the case and its 120 pages of pretty much pure text and obviously some help guides with images then i woudl suggest $97 to be a good price with some free giveaways too perhaps.

I would also suggest putting the product on clickbank after a couple of months if selling is going well but you don't have the time.
    You need to ensure your sales page is excellent though, if you have spent 6 months collecting data and research i suggest spending a further 2 weeks to a month creating the best sales page you can, give away some copies or sell them cheaply (perhaps 10) for actual testimonials dont make them up. Provide a video on SEO on the sales page with facts and figures, shock the reader with facts which will make them want to buy the eBook.

If you have done 6 months work on the eBook you do not want to lose your customers right at the last hurdle spend time doing your sales page if its not already done.

Will.
    Good Luck.

willyboy104, Jul 18, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  3. deadlychaos25

deadlychaos25 Guest

Best Answers:
    Ya you are right that i should spend more time for my pitch page.
    But i am worried why you said everything unique ?
    As it is SEO i have covered all the possible ways to rank number one on google. SEO is vast but it has some limit where we cannot go further and add some unique points. Blackhat is the thing where i can give unique methods but in whitehat the information is limited.
    The main advantage of my ebook is i have written it in a good manner that even a guy who don't know what is website can rank in top 20's after starting his website.
    Also i have added some points which you can say unique but my whole book is not unique.
    Rep added for you :)
    P.S - i am going to have a video for my book also.

deadlychaos25, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  4. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    97$?

copper12, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  5. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What i meant by unique is merely that you have not copied any of the information thats all, i understand what you mean when you say there is only a limit. There certainly is, having an seo website myself i am almost at that limit so trying to find other articles to write about is hard.

willyboy104, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  6. Proximity

Proximity Banned

Best Answers:
    I think that you should look at your competitors and decide

Proximity, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  7. BabyMel

BabyMel Banned

Best Answers:
    Just think is your ebook info avaliable free on the internet o.0
    Which most are yet people are willing to buy for 97$
    Any price is okay aslong as you give out review copies and they like it

BabyMel, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  8. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    You are up against ebooks selling for peanuts. It would be difficult to convince others that yours is different. Also the dangerous part of selling ebooks is someone may just get a copy and bundle it together with others as 100 000 ebooks for $9.99 etc. That would really destroy your sales.

wisdomtool, Jul 18, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  9. deadlychaos25

deadlychaos25 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thats really disappointing.
    any measures to prevent this ?
    also i want to know will a guy who want to learn SEO will spend 97 buck for my book ? i know it depends on my pitch page but just wanted to know the rough estimate about that.
    Rep for you also.

deadlychaos25, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  10. BabyMel

BabyMel Banned

Best Answers:
    1.Is it a guide? Not some dam money making scheme?
    2.did you write it
    3. If its a guide is most likly free on the web and everyone should know that
    4. if you did write it and its a guide its free on the web :)
    5. Is your ebook unique? Whats differnt then other seo guides on the web

BabyMel, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  11. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    You should question yourself 1st before creating this ebook. Does this topics easily available by searching on the Internet or does people can get this type of information easily on their local book store.

If not, you have a potential market there.But for me, $97 for ebook alone is a way to much nowadays. But if you can add a video on SEO or an audio version of the ebook, the price seem reasonable.

Beside that, you can also throw in some bonuses for your customer to download. For example, SEO is related to traffic. So, include a couple of traffic ebooks as bonuses. You can find a lot of traffic ebook with Master Resell Rights on the market today.

For a start, you can give a trial version of this ebook for your visitors. Let say a free 1 or 2 chapter available to download for free. Then, after they have read this, it's up to them to get the full version or not.

Just my thought.

dynashox, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  12. miracleberry

miracleberry Guest

Best Answers:
    120 pages of SEO, heck, keep your money in your pocket, who needs all that trash, I can describe SEO on one sentence
    "Get lots of UNIQUE content on your website and then get related sites pointing at yours via one way links, research your keywords and make sure they appear at regular internvals throughout your site, dont buy links or use link trades"

miracleberry, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  13. tmeyer45458

tmeyer45458 Peon

Best Answers:
    @miracleberry - There are tens of thousands of books and ebooks written about this one sentence:

Many people are more than happy to purchase a well written & informative (helpful) ebook. Granted - there's a lot of trash out there but some people just don't have the time to sift through all the information on SEO, Content creation, keywords, recip linking, natural linking, link popularity, link reputation, proximics, linkbait, social media, and on and on and on....

From a time = money standpoint: If i pay $97 dollars for an ebook and it saves me 3 hours of time searching and "consuming" the info, then it's a good purchase. Even if I don't make a million off of the book.

About your book - Be sure to get some reviews, drop the price a little (at least from the beginning), develop a killer sales page and promote like crazy. Watch your traffic and conversions. Know when to say when. As stated before, your competition is HUGE.

tmeyer45458, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  14. PaulB-IOM

PaulB-IOM Peon

Best Answers:
    Any info in your book has to be unqiue and well written i.e. not easily available from searching the net and just chucked together. 99% of SEO e-books fall under this category and people end up feeling ripped off for buying.

If you think you've got a quality product then I'd go somewhere around the $50 mark, probably $47

PaulB-IOM, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  15. deadlychaos25

deadlychaos25 Guest

Best Answers:
    This is what my ebook will do.
    But this will not save your 3 hours it will save your whole 1 year which took me to find many tricks.
    so from my ebook anyone can learn seo in just 2 hours and he will be knowing the same thing a seo expert knows who is performing seo from last 1-2 years.

deadlychaos25, Jul 19, 2008 IP
  16. miracleberry

miracleberry Guest

Best Answers:
    If anyone pays $97 for an ebook then they must either be millionaires or brain dead, heres an idea for an ebook - make 100,000 in a year, cost = $49.00 Content, Its easy to make 100,000 in a year just advertise that you can make 100,000 in a year and charge people for the info then give them this info and thell them to advertise they can make 100,000 in a year ! oops just blown the lid on rich jerk and all the other make money schemes

miracleberry, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  17. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol

That was beautiful.

copper12, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  18. DanFlo

DanFlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on the book quality. But i doubt you will sell many copies if you don't have powerful affiliates to promote you.
    In my opinion it's better to do a cheap and small report and force them into a membership program after that.
    Video proof , video tips the options are endless.

DanFlo, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  19. ehowtoguru

ehowtoguru Member

Best Answers:
    Dan is right.

Create a smaller ebook that you can give away or sell very cheap. Then promote your more expensive ebook via your email list. Someone who's bought from you and liked your ebook will more likely buy from you again.

ehowtoguru, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  20. verniercalipers

verniercalipers Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed! It is a good idea!

verniercalipers, Jul 22, 2008 IP