1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense And MFA Sites.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by MKInfo, May 1, 2006.

Has anyone got any experience with made for adsense sites?
    Can they make money?
    If so how many have you got.
    If I was to,lets say,put up 50 of them would it be worth the time and effort?
    Any other advice,comments appreciated.

MK

MKInfo, May 1, 2006 IP
  2. vic_msn

vic_msn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have one www.affiliateexpert.be/ got good traffic traffic and clicks early on but i didn't promote the site .you wil get a fair amount of clicks ateast 2 per day if you get good traffic say 50-100 uniques per day and some pageviews

vic_msn, May 1, 2006 IP
  3. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I would venture to say as much as 50% of googles adsense revenue comes from mfa sites.

The problem is finding good content that has not been fingerprinted.

Shoemoney, May 1, 2006 IP
  4. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    Well I was thinking of buying 150 readymade MFA sites like the one in vic_msn's post www.affiliateexpert.be/ (in fact the pages in them look exactly like vic_msn's:D )I can safely assume its not unique content as they are made up of articles.Do you think this could work?

MKInfo, May 1, 2006 IP
  5. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    sure.. its working for assloads of others. It will just have a better effect of course if you can use some NLP (natural language parsing) to make it appear more unique.

maldives likes this.
  6. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It could work but, I recommend stay away from it. Google does not like MFA sites. It is too risky to run too many MFA sites in my openion.

maldives, May 1, 2006 IP
  7. patataur

patataur Peon

Best Answers:
    if you wanna make money with adsense:
    fair amount of clicks is not 2 per day i believe
    good traffic is not 50-100 uniques a day i believe

from reading those forums it would appear the general thinking is, should you manage to get thousands of uniques onto your mfa sites, you'll make bucks, but the tricky point is, how to make them visitors come to your site, considering your site is exactly similar to thousands of other mfa sites.

and then in the case a few guys in here have managed to somehow tweak their mfa sites to manage to get some traffic, i don't think it is in their interest to reveal to you (and all the other mfa webmasters) what they do in order to get a bigger share of the pie, cause then they can say goodbye to their bigger share of the pie.

hm..:eek:

patataur, May 1, 2006 IP
  8. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    I was thinking also of a massive single supersite with 150 catagories.

*goes off to look up natural language parsing in Google :) (Any hints? cos I'm thick)

MKInfo, May 1, 2006 IP
  9. nadlay

nadlay Guest

Best Answers:
    There are many people making significant sums of money from Adsense, but to be really successful, you need some sort of automation process.

Many will associate automated website creation with spam sites that scrape search engines, but that does not have to be the case.

It is possible to create quality content sites quickly using software tools and be successful earning a living from Adsense.

nadlay, May 1, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  10. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are definitely dollars to be made with MFA sites, otherwise they wouldn't be as popular as they are.

Personally I think you'd probably be better served attaching some MFA pages/articles to what is otherwise a useful site that more than just offer a trashy duplicated article in which they will skim quickly because it is probably as generic as the next before maybe 1 in 10 of those visitors think "well that sucked - where can I find some good information" and then by doing that actually click your adsense.

But hey if you get enough new people to keep coming to your site (cause god knows not many people go back to MFA sites after their first visit) you could definitely make some good money with some well picked niches, but you'd want to know how to rank well with search engines because I don't imagine there will be loads of webmasters out there willing to naturally link to your site because it's a GREAT resource - mostly because they are cluey enough to know when a site has just been slapped together to make a quick buck...

Burta, May 1, 2006 IP
  11. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    WW member recently posted an interesting MFA experiment

"My little experiment with an MFA site:

I'm not sure how much detail I can give - but here is what I did.

I created a simple one page site. Had several images of products and text describing the product. Had absolutely no links on the site except for the 3 Ad units.

I had the site up for about 6 hours.
    Adwords - Spent about 4$ - got around 220 visitors
    Adsense - Generated about 80 clicks and approximately 11$

A profit of 7$ in 6 hours :) - Thats pretty neat I think "

Full thread

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/13432-2-10.htm

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 1, 2006 IP
  12. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    maldives, May 1, 2006 IP
  13. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been thinking about how Google will battle MfA sites in the future, as I think it will be something that will make Adwords more competitive in the long run. I think Google is most plagued of all the monetizing networks, and I have pulled most of my money from Adwords for the time being, until the MfA problem is battled better.

MfA sites DO work right now, or at least can. Yet I think Google will work hard over the next 6-12 months to battle Microsoft's upcoming monetizing network, and to take away the gains that YPN is now making. Give it time, and the labor you spend making MfA sites might quickly be robbed of value.

I don't know if it is a wise time investment in the long run.

dadasays, May 1, 2006 IP
  14. bpearson

bpearson Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thanking thats what smart pricing was for MFA sites that do not convert for the adword users. So bad sites for adwords has been taken care of MFA or not.

Any site that will convert to a sale/sign up after a user clicks on a ads from a MFA site I would thank that would be a good thing for everyone. but thats just me thanking.:)

bpearson, May 1, 2006 IP
  15. ontheweb

ontheweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Are MFA sites really the problem though? I think what you are seeing is more the result of the fact that the conversion rate on the Google content network (ie. Adsense on web sites) is much less than the conversion rate you get from the search network (ie. ads shown on Google itself).

Even though I don't support MFA sites, I can't think why they'd be any worse for an Adwords advertiser than a non-MFA site that runs Adsense. They might even result in better conversions.

ontheweb, May 1, 2006 IP
  16. Troutnut

Troutnut Peon

Best Answers:
    There's money to be made with MFA sites, but they're a low-life plague on the Internet and any self-respecting webmaster should stay away from them, especially the auto-generated kind.

One realistic (rather than aesthetic) downside to MFAs is that they will not keep earning for you for very long. It's a churn & burn approach, and you have to keep churning to stay ahead of the burning. Your sites will be deindexed and lose their traffic and if you're not building sites faster than that happens you fall behind.

The major up side to producing a useful and interesting content site is that, with most topics, you can create an "evergreen" site with information that will never get outdated or lose its traffic (unless you pick a niche with lots of competition, but that's just reason to make your site even more outstanding for its users, so you beat the competition).

Troutnut, May 1, 2006 IP
  17. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I have had this talk with many search people inside google and yahoo.

If a MFA ranks its the fault of the search engine. (or is it?)

bottom line is everyone is happy with MFA's.

1) the user finds what they were looking for
    2) the advertiser gets paid
    3) google gets there chunk of cash

DONT HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME SILLY WHITEHAT

18. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow someones passionate about they grey hat :)

Well ive just set up an MFA, lets see how it goes... (although im not using serps just paying for traffic).

We should make one of those noob competition threads like there is for affiliates, everyone can share their experiences...

dsm56, May 1, 2006 IP
  19. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    $4 got you 220 visitors? How were you able to advertise on Adwords for 1.8 cents a click? I thought the minimum was 5 cents.

Joobz, May 1, 2006 IP
  20. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    No, no, no, I personally have not done this. I quoted a member of WW who posted her expericence. Don't ask me. Ask her.

However, as far as getting traffic through AdWords from the content side, I've been able to get several hundred clicks for as low as 2-3 cents per click. It's actually fairly easy to do, you just have to have a list of several hundred terms that people don't bid on and (in case you don't know), you can set price per content click below 5 cents. Google lets you do that. There is a special option that lets you turn off search traffic off and rely only on AdSense traffic and vice-versa. Likewise, you can set different bids for search traffic and content traffic, even for the same keyword.

TestedAdSenseNiches, May 1, 2006 IP