1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla best for use with AdSense? Noobie

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by pictureboarduk, Jul 18, 2008.

Hi,

I have just been approved for AdSense and would like to use Joomla for the site, but after reading some books, I'm worried that trying to blend in the ad's so they stand out less may be a problem.

Most of the templates I've seen seem to have clearly marked Advertisement sections - I'm thinking most visitors are conditioned to completely ignore such areas of a webpage.

So I'm wondering if Joomla is the best way to go, how configurable it is so that I can blend the ad's in less obviously.

Any advice you can share is much appreciated.

Thanks!

pictureboarduk, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  2. bnandika

bnandika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are 3 methods to put adsense in joomla

1. the easiest way is use 3rd party adsense module, you can choose one at extensions.joomla.org
    2. make your own module, from admin backend go to Extensions --> Module Manager --> choose New --> Custom HTML --> put your adsense code in Custom Output
    3. put your adsense code on the template, for this method you should now css and joomla template structure

bnandika, Jul 18, 2008 IP
    leandar likes this.
  3. imwebdev

imwebdev Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi PictureboardUK,

In answer to your question, Joomla is very configurable. Most of my sites have adsense, and I can seemlessly blend them into the site without any issue.

As mentioned above, you can use a 3rd party module, but I prefer to create it myself in a module or directly into the template.

All you need to do is create your website template, and then go to adsense and choose the right background/foreground colours to blend in with your template!

Hope that helps!
    Cheers

imwebdev, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  4. webconcepts

webconcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't be worried about the possibilities to blend in the ads seamlessly. You will find a load of modules and plugins at joomla.org. You can choose and download modules to use the ads in for example a left or right column or banner position. There are even plugins to integrate the ads straight into your content items.

Just give it a try. If you know Joomla already there is no need to switch.

webconcepts, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  5. pspdropship

pspdropship Peon

Best Answers:
    how does wordpress compare with Joomla in this sense?

pspdropship, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  6. Hummerbie

Hummerbie Active Member

Best Answers:
    @pspdropship: Both WordPress en Joomla have some great plugins to get your adsense job done, it all depends on how you set up your website.
    In both WordPress and Joomla you can also integrate your adsense code into the templates, although that is a bit easier done with WordPress than with Joomla because of the template structure.

Hummerbie, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  7. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gee if it's in a book then it must be true.

internetmarketingiq, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  8. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    use extensions to integrate adsense. i use "Clicksafe" for my adsense integration on the side bars. i use the extension "Jumi" to integrate the adsense into my content. the first two links in my signature are examples on how i've integrated my ads using the above extensions.

abercrombie, Jul 26, 2008 IP