1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Converting Adwords to Adsense

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by 3Xguru, Apr 15, 2006.

I have seen more and more of these MFA's advertised on adwords. I'm talking about websites like www.8bestsites.com/music-download/

When I check the Alexa traffic I see that they have a lot of traffic, and I guess it all comes from PPC

Does anyone have any experience with converting Adwords to Adsense?
    It seems more and more people are making this kind of websites, so I guess there's money into making them.

3Xguru, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This have been discussed hardly here - search the forums.

The conclusion is that is very hard to convert and if you convert you earn cents - it does not worth.

Micromag, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  3. DavidAusman

DavidAusman Peon

Best Answers:
    1) keywords like 'stock market' is about $.70 per click on adword with a minimum bid of $.25 (if Im not wrong)
    2) Adsense CTR is not 1:1 ratio

Do you think it is easy to convert with the fact above?
    Let say you have 10 visitors coming from adword with a min($0.25) bid will yield $2.5. How many of them do you think will click on your adsense ads, how much do you think will that click worth? I don't think it will convert well.

DavidAusman, Apr 15, 2006 IP
    Micromag likes this.
  4. shortbus

shortbus Peon

Best Answers:
    you are right that conversion isn't 1:1 but if you have other ways of monetizing your site in addition to adsense, it works pretty well.

They either click an adsense ad, sign up for your newsletter, register on your forums, click the ad of one of your sponsors, fill out a lead form, etc.

Some days, I have break even conversion of adwords to adsense, some days it's not even close but I know in the long run I'm better than breaking even for most keywords. For the rest of the keywords, I don't use them

shortbus, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  5. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is another thing: You can use adwords to populate your Forums for latter earn money in adsense with the forum that attract more and more people doe it has content.

But what I really think that does not worth the risk and is what you asked is if it worth to directly convert from adsense to adwords.

Micromag, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  6. diamond008

diamond008 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. the money get from adsense will never catch the money spend on adwords. Only make google richer.

diamond008, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  7. mihaidamianov

mihaidamianov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all 8bestsites.com/music-download does not comply with Adsense's TOS. It has no content at all.

Second, I tried it with rough tactics + some content and managed to stay almost par for low paying keywords and get some profits on high paying keywords, but few clicks. Overall - unless you have a lot of time to dedicate on optimizing this, it's pretty much worthless to try.

mihaidamianov, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  8. DavidAusman

DavidAusman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yupss .. That's right!
    It is worthless to drive adword traffics for adsense. If you guys really want to play the adword game, use CJ.com affiliate!

DavidAusman, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  9. idolw

idolw Peon

Best Answers:
    there is a thread on webmasterworld adsense forum. someone made an MFA to check. she made $1,17 per hour using adwords and adsense.

idolw, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  10. phree_radical

phree_radical Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried this a while back... basically I made one page, put 4 links about sandwiches that "don't have a very good taste" and "just don't compare with competitors' sandwiches" on the left, and a square AdSense unit on the right. So both halves looked the same and it was either bad sandwiches or good sandwiches... what's more, the bad sandwiches weren't even actual links.

After seeing a 0% CTR after paying for three 10 cent clicks I dropped the idea p; I think my "good vs. bad" idea might still be just slightly interesting though.

phree_radical, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  11. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm...in my experience, adwords and overture (Y!sm) is how I get traffic to my newly built site.

I have adsense on my pages also. And I am able to turn a profit.

Now with AdWords, what I gather with a cursory loook and not analyzing the hell out of the numbers, is that I get a slim return and/or none, when I use AW, only.Some times, I end up in the red, but not often. Which make sense, bc I myself am advertising and bidding on the very same campaigns i am showing on my site.

With Y!sm, I always get a high return bc the cpc seems to be lower, and it generate good traffic. (IMO)

In any case I still use AW to an extent, bc that is X % of the internet population, even if you do not make money, I still think you need the exposure. Its the cost of doing business.

TCR, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  12. biggerboy

biggerboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am acually seeing good results with all of my sites I am using.

biggerboy, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  13. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Update: Using Adwords budget optimizer, I am back in black with aw...nice tool.

Note: The Budget Optimizer is an option only in AdWords Standard Edition accounts. It is enabled automatically in all Starter Edition accounts.

(from adwords help)

TCR, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  14. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    profs77, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  15. lonecrow

lonecrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets say I pay $0.20 for someone to click to my site. If the site is good they may come back directly many times. If I also have adSense, I have paid for only one click but might get many adSense clicks from that visitor over the next year.

So it doesn't have to be a instant pay back to make it worth while, but it does need to be a decent site.

Obvioulsy this wouldn't be true of most MFA sites because who ever goes to them on purpose.

lonecrow, May 1, 2006 IP
  16. phree_radical

phree_radical Peon

Best Answers:
    Just thought I should mention that you could find a higher paying AdWords advertiser who wants to specifically advertise on your site.

phree_radical, May 1, 2006 IP
  17. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is a really good point, and seldom mentioned. However, I would guess that if it truly played out in "real life", AdWords-AdSense arbitrage would be a good investment. All indications are that it's not. Anyone with other thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Sam

WebFreedom, May 5, 2006 IP
  18. profs77

Best Answers:
    I think for Adwords I'm okay with paying 2 cents a click for people to come to my site. The conversion is them clicking on an adsense ad that I have at an average of 10cents a click. You have to hope for the best CTR though.

profs77, May 5, 2006 IP
  19. Freeguy

Freeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    question is how to get 2 cent click ?

Freeguy, May 6, 2006 IP
  20. profs77

Best Answers:
    Exactly, thats what I want to know, so if there isn't then adwords isn't worthwhile for adsense conversions.

profs77, May 6, 2006 IP