1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Such Little Sales For This Article?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by hornetss, Jul 15, 2008.

Hi, I recently posted this article: http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Best-Ab-Workout-Routine&id=1233417. It got lots of traffic but yet. I only got 1 sale. How could I improve this conversion? Whats wrong with the article?

Sorry about the DOUBLE POST. I thought I exited out of the page, but I guess I submited it, then I remade the same most

hornetss, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  2. VoxSEO

VoxSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting 1 sale per article published is a good achievement in my opinion. :)
    But hey - you can always improve. How about improving the text of the next article you submit. For example:

* In this article you don't have strong call to action.
    * The article can't pass the "so what" test ( "if you can exercise everyday that is fine" So what? | "They cover everything you need from diet to exercise." So what?" ).
    * Try to presell the product while being informative and also try not to sound like an infomercial.
    * Send the visitor to additional articles (with your affiliate links of course).If you do that the potential customer won't have the feeling that you are trying to sell him something, but to inform him. A prospect who comes to your site after reading a series of articles is much more valuable than just random traffic. This is highly targeted traffic that will generate conversions like 40% - 50%.

And one of the most important advices I can give you : Contact your merchant and demand that they work on the conversion on their site and if they don't want to - just change the product you are promoting. Take a look at the site proactol dot com - this is a site designed to convert. Look at the colors, the texts, everything is carefully placed - and now compare to truthaboutabs dot com . :)

Have a nice day! :)
    VoxSEO

VoxSEO, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  3. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Advice!

4. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    thats pretty good for sure.

narsticle, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  5. pjayaswal

pjayaswal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Vox has given you some invaluable advise. And yes, the fact of the matter is that you have not provided enough of a reason for the reader to click on to the merchant.

Also, it would be good if you paid a little more attention while editing your article.... there are quite a few grammatical errors as well as some misspells.

pjayaswal, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  6. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, I have a few author accounts so I cant be tracked :). But I pump out 4 articles a day. And I dont get time to make all the corrections. Since the article is still getting steady traffic if I edited it would it still br getting traffic?

7. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    I have edited the article. With the information. Once it is approved. I will show everyone.

8. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
  9. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    How many went to your site before one bought?

Nobody can advise you further until that is known.

Typical conversion is bewteen .5-2%. But mostly it is around 1%.

copper12, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  10. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    215 hop clicks

11. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean you are getting 1 sale out of every 215 or so clicks?

If so, don't wrinkle your nose at it. On something like this, even the pros can't do much better.

I'm very good at what I do, but most of the time I can't get no more than 1 sale out of every 100 visitors. Many times it is around 3%.

I didn't read your article. But one thing, though, forget about doing quanity over quality. I'm sorry, but that is just stupid. You can have 50 articles up, but it doesn't mean Jack if they don't like your first one. You have just wasted 49 articles!

Write a few kick-ass "damn, that's good!" articles, and submit them to such sites as Askmen, Yahoo, MensHealth, About....

Go for the big guys.

I went to this page: http://www.truthaboutabs.com/get-ripped-abs.html.

That is one looooooong page!

How long do your visitors stay there?

If it is in and out, you may want to consider cutting it in half, if not by more.

Contrary to popualr belief, mainly among the inexperienced, most if not practically all do not like reading all of that in one setting.

It's hard enough to keep ones attention in person, right? Try doing it on the Internet!

You may also want to consider taking the testimonials out of middle and putting it off to the side, and make the text and pics smaller. Most do not give testimonials much weight anway, and of the ones who do, well, there they will be.

Where are your free tips? Are they there and I missed them among all of that mess you have there? :)~

Your conversion rate will be much better if you give them free tips, pointers, other sources for them to read.

Who are you to be selling them something? Why should they buy from you? They don't know you from Adam. Tell 'em, and show 'em what you know!

The more you help them, the more they will like you and trust you. The more they like you and trust you, the more sales you will get.

You should put your ordering form on that page. Put it right in front of their faces! Hit them at the heat of the moment! "Impulse buyers," remember?

Take out the 100% guaranteed star. Everybody and their brother uses that, and very few give don't that much weight either.

I read that section. It's just words. You may want to take that out too.

A good salesperson doesn't have to put that in.

In addition, tell them that clickbank, a third party, will give them their money back within 5 business days if they are not happy with their purchase.

Have you thought about doing phone-in orders? This will greatly increase your sales.

Also, consider giving them your phone number.

Good luck with it.

copper12, Jul 15, 2008 IP
  12. amedia

amedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think one of your biggest problems is, is that you are selling them on getting in shape and that they need to take action for their health, but you are not selling them on why your eBook is the solution to this problem.

You write about a problem, and in the article the solution to part of the problem is "Do not forget the cool down period, this will allow the heart to return into its normal heart rate. Give your body time to heal and repair. This simply means that if you can exercise everyday that is fine, but remember to have a variations on your workout, three times a week exercise is also fine and healthy and remember while doing those crunches and sit-ups, not to strain your back and neck"

You should focus more on the problem and how you have the solution to that problem within your product.

amedia, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  13. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I see your point. So focus on one thing and then how to fix it and then give them a good suggestion that will help fix it?

hornetss, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  14. wealthydude

wealthydude Peon

Best Answers:
    I would create a landing page that leaves the reader wanting more. This way when you build up the suspense of the product, you capture their attention, then you send have a link with a strong call-to-action directing them to the publisher's website. Hopefully they just buy it right away instead of reading more on the publisher's site.

wealthydude, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  15. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the Mike gearys truth about abs has setup landers, should I use it or create my own? I want a few opinions for this

hornetss, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  16. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody Know?

17. osdude

osdude Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, the advice you already have is really good and the fact that you're willing to iron out the wrinkles and get better conversions is a good thing too. So, I hope you take this in the spirit it's given. This is only my opinion and what I've found works for me. Your mileage may vary...

should is a weak word that contains doubt. You do not want doubt in ad copy.
    The best ab routines target all
    There's a lot more power and authority when there's no doubt

Of course they want them, that's why they're reading. WHile I do believe you need to state the obvious, beginning an ad with a prepositional phrase is usually not effective. It begs people to procrastinate
    You want rock hard abs, here's what you need ...
    Get the reader use to following YOUR lead and not conditional statements

Check your copy for subject verb agreement, there are a few errors.

And I have an affinity for "YOUR" rather than "the".
    ANywhere you can, make it about the reader "you".

Hope this helps.

osdude, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  18. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks , that really helped

19. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear you got things sorted out.

UnBooked, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  20. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeap, for all my next articles I will take everything and make it a great, supper article

hornetss, Jul 18, 2008 IP