1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is your Team Doing in the NFL Draft today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jackburton2006, Apr 29, 2006.

How's everyone's team doing in the draft today? Happy with your first round picks? My Texans picked -- drum roll please -- Mario Williams. Bleh. We all thought they were going to take either Reggie Bush ('Orleans got him) or Vince Young (home town boy, yeah!), but noooooo.

This is either the worst decision ever made, or the best. I'm leaning toward the former. :(

jackburton2006, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Texans pick sucked! They need an offensive weapon (or a lineman) before Carr gets his ass killed.

Bucs got a needed offensive lineman. I'm sure they'll get more later.

I was surprised that white (usc running back) dropped so far, mid second round? I thought he woulda gone a lot sooner.

lorien1973, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  3. codyturk

codyturk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    -Falcons-
    We got Jimmy Williams a 6'3 CB from Va Tech

codyturk, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Falcons still need a QB. They got 1 too many running backs :p

lorien1973, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Texans grabbed a lineman in the second round, then two more in the third. So yeah, they are painfully aware that Carr led the league in sacks since forever. This is not a bad choice, as they probably realized even great linemen would still be there well into the third/fourth.

6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    You gotta let Vick do what Vick does. Otherwise there's no point in having them, and they have him, mind as well use him.

7. Shawon

Shawon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Packers

IMO, we had a very good draft. We picked up two of the best LB's in the draft, A.J. Hawk and Abdul Hodge. And also got an OT and a WR, Greg Jennings. Although I'm a bit dissapointed we couldn't get Chad Jackson or Sinorice Moss. But overall I think we had a great draft.

Shawon, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  8. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My Saints were given a very early XMAS present with Reggie Bush. With addition of QB Drew Brees along with existing offensive players such as Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn, and Dante Stallworth I expect them to have a nice year. Even though they finished with such an horrible record to warrant the second overall pick, they were already talented enough to at least be a .500 team last year, but having to play 16 road games while everyone else has to play only 8 did them in. I think with the moves they've made, I expect our NFC South division (with Tampa, Atlanta, and Carolina) to be one of the really tough ones next year. Maybe the Saints should trade Reggie Bush in exchange for the team moving to the NFC North? (Sorry Bears and Packers fans) :D

EveryQuery, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  9. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    I am NOT pleased with how my Bears are doing. We picked a guy from Abilene Christian with our first pick, when we probably could have gotten him in the third round, and then we passed up TWICE on Leonard Pope at tight end.

Dan Kenitz, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  10. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I still can't believe we didn't take Bush. Eh. :(

jackburton2006, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  11. Dan Kenitz

Dan Kenitz Guest

Best Answers:
    That was the surprise of the draft. Mario Williams is a legitimate superfreak, but passing up Bush still seems sketchy to me. Think they were worried about the so-called "character" issues?

Dan Kenitz, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  12. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they were looking at the fact that Dominic Davis has three 1k rushing yard seasons in a roll despite being injury prone. He's definitely a good runner, but, well, the guy can't wake up without getting hurt. They did get a RB in the 6th round. Some guy name Wali Lundy from Virginia.

jackburton2006, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  13. lordyuanshu

lordyuanshu Peon

Best Answers:
    Vikes - Have to love the Greenway (Iowa OLB) pickup, but I heard they reached on the 2nd rounder they got from Miami (for Culpepper).

Saints are going to be impressive next year I think.

lordyuanshu, Apr 30, 2006 IP