1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is posting here paying off?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by chandubhai, Apr 30, 2006.

Hey guys.
    I have started posting on this forum recently, and have crossed the 50 mark. Was wondering if anyone has actually made some money through the revenue sharing.

chandubhai, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  2. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think most people who follow the rules, do not make duplicate posts in different forums here, those who add to the general knowledge of everybody here, those who help other members, etc etc
    Do make a few pennies here and there.
    Keep in mind, to continue to grow here, do not make the mistake I made once upon a time here...do not make duplicate posts in different forums.
    Asking the same question in more than one forum is one way to either get lots of red rep quick, or banned.

iowadawg, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  3. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Vadi Chandu Dikra, Posting here worths more than bare $$ earned by revenue sharing, although its good $1-$1.5 a day for me :)

I encourage you to post more (More means more quality posts..), refrain yourself from bumping dead threads, post usless comments.
    Just remember, if you dont have to say anything useful, just dont say. :)

But along with posting here, read the threads as well, there's too much info here to learn.
    Be here for 3 months and you will see the difference.

Good luck :)

The Webmaster, Apr 30, 2006 IP
    Indian likes this.
  4. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use the profit sharing thing, I post here because I enjoy posting here. That is the ONLY thing that keeps me at a forum.

Old Welsh Guy, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  5. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    The knowledge I get from these forums is way more valuable than any money you could possibly make through the profit sharing. I followed someones advice, moved an adsense banner and increased my CTR 400%

factchecker, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  6. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:

Spot on. I hope you pm'ed the person to say 'thanks' ;) I get pm's emails etc from people all the time across forums where I have helped them. I think really that is what makes it worthwhile.

Old Welsh Guy, Apr 30, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  7. arnek

arnek Active Member

Best Answers:
    Currently for me not so much, but as the previous posters also said, the knowledge gained and shared makes it worth it, also links to personal blogs etc. is also very valuable.

arnek, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  8. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    yep, paying me a lot here.
    Better research before you ask this.

amitpatel_3001, May 3, 2006 IP
  9. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess if you came for those reasons and post for those reasons you are severely cheating yourself out of a gold mine!

I dont even think about the revenue sharing, really I don't .... it's a very small amount of potentional earnings for me.

Let me explain

Since I joined I have increased my adsense income , found tricks to save me from losing , developed friends who share great and useful info with and have learned things that will change the future of my business for ever!

I have also learned what NOT to do too! I have learned from others who have been there and who have made mistakes for me so I do not have to which in my opinion is money and time saved from loss is the same as earning a ton of money!

I also have been able to laugh and look at myself and see myself in others so that I can better myself and my business.. which to me is priceless.

So often I log in just to see how my buddy Iowa Dawg is going on his latest project or how AmitPatel is coping with a difficult task at hand ... How the others who are to many to mention who have taken the time to help me are doing. with their brainstorms or experiments.. it can be very interesting

Why ... Because I am here for more than just the revenue sharing ...

But is it worth making posts ..yes very much!

But my big dumb but is learning... there is more money in listening and learning than any revenue sharing...

So please don't miss the gold nuggets on the path because you are to busy look at the map on how to get to that motherload of gold in them there hills

Mr Crow, May 3, 2006 IP
  10. submitter999

submitter999 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP is one of the best research informative site,pay depends on the way how effective you use it .

submitter999, May 3, 2006 IP
  11. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    don't join DP for the Revenue Sharing, the smae way you don't build a website for adsense.

devin, May 3, 2006 IP
  12. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Its not the posting that makes you money, it's the reading.

sji2671, May 3, 2006 IP
  13. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    The revenue sharing is virtually useless unless you have 12,000 posts i suppose in which case youd be making probably up to a couple of dollars a day.

Seiya, May 5, 2006 IP
  14. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How can revenue sharing be useless here?
    I certainly don't have 12,000 posts.
    I look at it this way:
    Revenue sharing is a service by the owner of this blog.
    He did not have to do that, he could have kept all the money to himself.
    So by sharing with his forum members, he is spreading the wealth around to everyone on the forum that wants to join the revenue sharing.
    It may not be much, but to me, every penny counts.
    As the old math problem goes, a penny a day doubled for each day for 30 days is a bunch of money.
    I may have helped a few members here just by clicking on an ad that really interested me.
    Just as I am sure a few members here helped me by doing the same.

As for learning....I from day one have been learning about a bunch of things that I could use.
    Still learning...will never quit learning.

iowadawg, May 5, 2006 IP
  15. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Impressed by the posts here. Learning is as good as earning for me...I always learn something new here, thanx to all the members and ofcourse Shawn!!

Indian, May 5, 2006 IP
  16. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I mostly learn from others. BTW Couple of days ago I earned US$ 0.01 from DP IMO.

maldives, May 5, 2006 IP
  17. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Posting too helps you to earn my friend, provided you ask the right question at the right time on the right place in your post. ;) :)

The Webmaster, May 5, 2006 IP
  18. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Also make sure the replies make sense and are related to the thread.

Indian, May 5, 2006 IP
  19. chandubhai

chandubhai Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank God I started posting here and that I thought of posting a question here. I am very happy with the response. I mean now I dont care if I get nothing at all.

chandubhai, May 5, 2006 IP
  20. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many of the members use their revenue sharing to boost Dominic's homeless shelter. Honestly, the few bucks you might make on it over time are not going to make any difference to your life but a bunch of small donations added together do make a difference to Dominic's charges.

See here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=51961&highlight=Dominic

e10, May 5, 2006 IP