1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Put Your Blog On AUTO-PILOT With This Wordpress AUTO-POSTING Tool

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Sunshine, Apr 23, 2006.

Hello everyone,

I would like to tell everyone about a fantastic new tool that I have been using on my Blogs to automate the whole process of posting (blogging and pinging) to my Wordpress Blog on a regular basis.

It’s called Wordpress Auto-Post and it is extremely useful and easy to use. I CURRENTLY use Wordpress Auto-Post on all of my own Blogs.

What it does is it allows me to preload as many articles as I like into my Wordpress Blog and have them posted for me on a schedule I decide on....automatically.

If you are like me and already have several sites that you maintain, you know what a pain it can be to Blog on a regular basis. But with Wordpress Auto-Post, you can take a half an hour or so and queue up a month's worth of articles - or as many articles as you like, and have Wordpress Auto-Post submit them for you to your Blog automatically. This is the perfect tool for you if you belong to a monthly PLR membership club where you get a bunch of Private Label Rights articles every month

Another great thing about this tool is that not only does it automatically post for you but it also pings as well. Wordpress Auto-Post pings a bunch of sites for you including Pingomatic.

This means each time a new article is published to your Blog by Wordpress Auto-Post, your Blog is automatically pinged to the rss feed services - notifying them that you have updated your Blog.

You can see the script in action on a couple of sites where it is installed here:

http://www.womans-health.net/wordpress

http://www.getfreetips.com

Note that new articles are being posted to those blogs everyday but the articles were preloaded into wordpress a month earlier and are simply being posted by Wordpress Auto-Post automatically!

When you place your order for Wordpress Auto-Post you will receive FREE installation of the script on your server and FREE email support of the script after it’s installed.

Currently, the script is being offered at a special introductory price. To learn more about it, please visit Wordpress Auto-Post.

Regards,

Sunshine

Sunshine, Apr 23, 2006 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm... are you just unusually excited about this product or do you perhaps have a financial or other personal interest in it? :confused:

minstrel, Apr 23, 2006 IP
  3. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Gee, I'm really glad you asked!

I'm not usually this excited about a product especially not about a piece of software.

However, as a disabled person, this software has made managing my blogs very easy. You see, when my health conditions flares up I can be put out of commission for several days or weeks at a time. This would leave me with several blogs that would basically get abandoned for long periods of time.
    In fact, I had seveal blogs that were completely abandoned because of this problem.

That is, until this little piece of software came along and made life easier for me. Because now, during up times better period of my health I can load up my blog with articles for a month or two and don't have to worry about my blog being abandoned when I get sick.

So you see? I do have a vested interest in this product.

But what I'm really proud of as far as this software is concerned is the price. I wanted to be able to offer a piece of software that I find extremely useful at a price that someone who is as poor as me could afford :)

Best regards and thanks for asking,

Sunshine

Sunshine, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  4. KGL

KGL Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice.

KGL, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  5. websys

websys Active Member

Best Answers:
    am sory to hear about your situation sunshine , but IMHO ... i dont see much usefulness to the tool either , since blogs are supposed to be momentary burst of feeling or noting down something in your journal for personal reminder or reference to visitors .
    As for Minstrel thinking that you have commercial gain on it , i would think ti comes from seeing your signature only contains info about the autopilo and not even the womens health website . ;)

websys, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  6. MrGeeK

MrGeeK Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't wordpress already do this? Don't you just set the publish date to some future date and thats when the post is released?

MrGeeK, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  7. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad he asked too. I am still curious about the answer, your little dance was nice, but you didn't answer the question.

Do you have a financial interest in this product?

P.S. I hope you health improves.

browntwn, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  8. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your intrest and yes, this is a software that I helped to develop and therefore I do have a financial intrest in it.

Nonetheless, even if no one EVER purchases this tool, I will still be as excited about it as for the reasons I stated earlier. It has just been a life saver to me :) (and continues to be).

Regards,

Sunshine

Sunshine, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  9. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The problem that many users of Wordpress complained about when using the future date thingy to publish posts is that:

1) Wordpress doesn't ping for future posts (unless you set up a chron's job - which many people don't know how to do).

This software that I use not only posts but pings about 25 different sites as well? Isn't that neat?

Regards,

Sunshine

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Websys!

Aah yes! Blogs are quite often used for personal expression but is also used by professional webmasters who earn their living by it.

Case in point: Darren Rowse: http://problogger.net/, who admits to making 6 figures from his blogs.

And as for what you said here: "As for Minstrel thinking that you have commercial gain on it , i would think ti comes from seeing your signature only contains info about the autopilot"

....I see no problem in having a financial interest in it - there's no harm in it. I'm very proud of my little tool. Can't you tell? ;)

Regards,

Sunshine

11. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    And last but not least, thanks everyone for your well wishes.

This is a great forum!

Regards,

Sunshine

12. jacksmith

jacksmith Peon

Best Answers:
    never used wordpress before but it can help if someone is going for vacation. But then again we can save the posts as drafts and post them when needed

jacksmith, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  13. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Really Jack? You never used wordpres? I really love the flexibility it offers.

But you see Jack, the point that everyone seems to be missing here is that - yes, it's true you can save your posts to draft and post them as needed but what a lot of webmasters complain about is that by doing it this way your posts won't ping. But with Wordpress Auto-Post, 25 of the top sites get a ping from your blog everytime an article is posted by your blog. And of course, all of this is done without you having to lift a finger.

Pinging is an important feature you don't want to miss out on when you have a blog because it alerts the seach engines that you site has been updated with fresh content and, of course, they come running.

Also, this feature is great for people who belong to a membership site where they might get 200-300 private label rights articles per month. They can just load these into their blogs and Wordpress Auto-Post will post and ping these articles on a schedule they determine.

Regards,

Sunshine

14. MrGeeK

MrGeeK Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess it's one of those things that useful to some, but silly to others, people only need to ask on any decent webmaster forum to be told how to setup a cron job.

I'm a member of a PLR "club" and I also own Article Miner, I just load the PLR articles into Article Miner and then use that to post the articles to WP blogs. (My WP blogs have a custom addon that adds the submission into the blog and does a few other things)

It's almost set and forget, and I could make it that way, but I prefer the submission to be done manually (one button push and I can submit different articles to as many blogs as I like)

MrGeeK, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  15. tflight

tflight Peon

Best Answers:
    Technically this isn't correct. WordPress sends the ping when you click the 'Publish' button. If you create a new post right now, edit the timestamp for the post to appear tomorrow, then click 'Publish' the ping will be sent right now.

You can verify this if you have access to your raw log files. First go into your WordPress admin section and navigate to 'Options' -> 'Writing'. In the 'Update Services' section add a new URI to a unique URI on your website, perhaps even something that doesn't exist like:

http://www.example.com/ping-test.html

Just make sure you use your server URI instead of example.com. Now create a new post and edit the timestamp to post in the future. Click 'Publish'. Make sure the post didn't appear on your site since it is published for the future. Now view your server log and look for a request using the POST method for /ping-test.html. The user-agent will be something like "Incutio XML-RPC -- WordPress/2.0.2".

So the ping will be sent, just not when you might have wanted it to be sent. ;) (At this point you might want to go back and remove your fake ping URI from your list of Update Services before you forget.)

To get around the problem of the ping being sent at the wrong time you can use the free WP-Cron plugin which includes a 'Future Pings' feature. This will suppress the initial ping and schedule it to happen when the post appears on your site.

The documentation for WP-Cron says the feature "May not yet be fully functional" however I've found it is working just fine for me.

tflight, Apr 30, 2006 IP
    Chios likes this.
  16. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your comments.

Wordpress Auto-Post is nifty little tool that does exactly what it's advertised to do. However, not everyone needs it. If you have programming skills and the idea of setting up a cron's job doesnt scare you, then by no means do you need this tool. Why should you? You can do it yourself.

However, I would venture to say that at $147 a pop, Article Miner isn't for everyone either. It certainly wouldn't work for me.

Different strokes for different folks as they say.

Regards,

Sunshine

17. minstrel

Best Answers:
    No there isn't. But when one isn't up front about this at the start, it smacks of spamming and scamming. It's like fake testimonials that you write about a product without disclosing that the product is yours.

Ask yourself this: Is that the impression you were hoping to leave?

minstrel, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  18. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thank for your the reply. I am still new to WP, (only two weeks) so not sure if I need this.

I too don't mind that you have a financial interest. However, I do mind that tidbit not being shared initially as it is hard to differentiate between a webmaster sharing something that works from someone selling their own item.

You have now made it clear that it is both. You love the product and you are involved.

Good luck.

browntwn, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Probably not. I can see a small number of WP users finding something like this handy if the price is low enough but I don't think the majority of people would have a use for it, frankly. I think you'll find that Wp can do pretty much whatever you need it to do out of the box or with one or two plugins.

minstrel, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  20. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Aah! I see. I really appreciate this information as this is something that a lot of webmasters may not be aware of.

Thanks and regards,

Sunshine