1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

howto get layout to reach the browser-bottom

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Lunar, Apr 30, 2006.

heya, ive got a problem with a layout i just designed. i sliced it in PS like a professional butcher and opened it in dreamweaver.

i noticed that the bottom of the layout doesnt reach the bottom of the browser. there is a blank space between it, but no code shows/represents that space. this is the situation:

[​IMG]

and this is the code at the bottom

is there a code to make the layout "stick" to the bottom?

PS: if your wondering if the lenght of the layout just isnt big enough to reach the bottom, your wrong. the length is about 768 px (yes.. its the same as the standard resolution size)

2nd PS: in mozilla firefox there is 1 pixel line between the layout-bottom and the bottom of mozillas browser :S

Lunar, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  2. vectorgraphx

vectorgraphx Guest

Best Answers:
    go to your page properties in dreamweaver and make sure that your margins are all set to 0.

vectorgraphx, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  3. vlead

vlead Peon

Best Answers:
    You can set the page margins to 0 with something like:
    BODY{margin:0px;}

Or if the margins the 0 and the page content is less then you can set the height of the container table to 100%. Put the following in your CSS:
    HTML{height:100%;}
    BODY{height:100%;}

The 1pixel lines are possibly due to the 1px spacer.gif images in your code. Have a look bottom code and you'll see it.

Let me know if it helped. Thanks.

vlead, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  4. Lunar

Lunar Guest

Best Answers:
    @vectorgraphx, most of the space is gone, thx =) but there still is 1 pixel left

@vlead, ill check out the spacer.gif images now to find that 1 pixel and report back in a few min

Lunar, Apr 30, 2006 IP