1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why i hate using directory submission services

Discussion in 'Directories' started by indyguidedotinfo, Jul 12, 2008.

1. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Theres nothing wrong with using some sort of browser extension like an autofiller for firefox. As long as you actually open the web page in a browser and click submit I reckon its OK.

mikey1090, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  2. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I need someone to explain to me the difference between an autofiller of some sort repeatedly submitting the same titles and description as some sort of automation repeatedly submitting the same titles and descriptions...

Other than one actually completing it faster than the other - it seems like the same thing is being accomplished. That is the same titles and descriptions are being repeatedly submitted to every directory.

It seems to me that trying to sell a bill of goods as manual directory submissions when any form of automation is used is stretching the truth. At least in my opinion.

swedal, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  3. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Autofiller = when running a web browser (firefox or IE etc) you click a button on the toolbar, and instead of taking the time to type out your email, name etc it automatically enters it into the input boxes.

An autosubmitter program collects your site details and automatically visits the sites submit pages itself. It tries to bypass captcha and most phpLD etc directories will deny its submissions. The submissions are crap, they all fail and they make the web site owner look like a spammer.

mikey1090, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  4. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So a tool like digixmas would be a form of autofiller then. Since it does not bypass captcha. It autofills the form and asks the submitter to enter captcha and category information.

I think my problem with it is the whole term manual because both have always seemed to me to be different forms of automated submissions.

I went and looked up the word manual and came up with "requiring human effort". That seems to be a very loose definition and could make anything "manual".

I guess the key is that people know what they are getting.

swedal, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  5. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say that digixmas is a auto filler. It's a semi auto-submitter. It doesn't show you the form being filled. Mikey is referring to the auto form filler that he uses (from mysticmedia). I think roboform is not bad either.

@Swedal: You want to see people writing a new description for every submissions. I guess you are trying to combine writing with submissions. Those are different skills. I recently did submissions for a gentlemen where i had 76 titles and descriptions for a website, but I didn't 'write' those unique descriptions. An article writer will feel underpaid and bored in doing submissions and a submitter might not be a creative writer.

jitendraag, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  6. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is why when I look for directory submission services I look for ones with screenshot proof that they have filled in the info on the directory.

I'm actually gonna start my own service in awhile... completely manual, hand-picked directories, with screenshot proof of submission!

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  7. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    i believe there should be no problem to anyone if one is using form filler or software like form filler and visiting every directory manually. Even if one uses form filler he needs to take care that every field is filled properly.

For me such a service is excellent which fulfill all your needs and does your job with all due care!

gauravgrt, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  8. tsukara

tsukara Banned

Best Answers:
    That's the problem of services offered online. You don't even know if that is really manual submission or through auto submit.

tsukara, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  9. akor

akor Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel just one thing. I did manual submission with http://www.submitemnow.com for 800 directories. And even with this huge time saver tool it took about 2 days. And I never will charge less $300-$400 for this. You got what you paid, sorry.

akor, Jul 14, 2008 IP
    indyguidedotinfo likes this.
  10. vnviews

vnviews Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there.
    I seen this thread a day back but didn't want to join, because many of people here prefer manual submission and I was tired to explain how a submission tool can get your work quicker, even better.

However, our tool is one of discussed items, so let me explain a little about how the tool works.

First of all, digiXMAS tool is not automated tool, it's only semi-automated tool. It doesn't do anything automatic, does everything based on user's decision (category selection, CAPTCHA input, selection of title & description set, etc), BUT tries to make the process as much simple and much quick as possible: suggests category based on previous category selections, rotates the title & description set, records the submission status, multiple connections at same time etc.

Also, digiXMAS Submitter supports multiple browsers with auto filler mode. In this mode, the tool does similar as firefox + robo form filler, but it can do extra works: the filler can rotate the title & description, browsers can records the category for later report etc.

As many say, automated submission is crap. Yes, I fully agree. BUT I think semi-automated (while the tool only helps, human has full control of the process) is the way.

Of course, if you have enough time, manual submission is always best :D .

Thanks.

vnviews, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  11. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    vnviews.. I have seen digixmas.. And I am okay it in the mode where it's used as a form filler only (when the directory is not supported by your software). But I am not a fan of auto submissions when I don't even get to see the form.

jitendraag, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  12. vare

vare Peon

Best Answers:
    17 bucks for someone else to eat up there own bandwidth sound like a good deal to me :)

vare, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  13. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The key to manual submission is that a person goes to each individual directory, follows the submission rules and chooses the most appropriate category for the site being submitted.

CanadianEh, Jul 14, 2008 IP
  14. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    That is the perfect defination canadianeh. There should be no compromise with quality of work.

gauravgrt, Jul 14, 2008 IP