1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie needs help: adsense page impressions reports are off?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by bigmike667, Jul 13, 2008.

Hi
    I am new to to this website and also new to having websites with adsense. I had just started 2 websites about 2 weeks ago and both with adsense on them(I wont post the websites urls incase I break any rules here). But everytime I log into adsense, I see very low amounts of page impressions and no clicks. For example I have 4 page impressions today, But in my cpanel of my websites it says I have had over 30 unique visitors today. Its the same with the whole week, it says In adsense I had 110 page impressions and no clicks for the week. but in my cpanel on my websites it said I had over 250 unique visits this week.

I was just wondering if any one knew what was going on?

thanks, appreciate any help!

bigmike667, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  2. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good question. I have the same problem. I have a site that gets 300+ UV's a day but google only shows around 100 impressions.

indyonline, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  3. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe some of the uniques that your stat program is counting are bots

you aren't counting 'hits' and 'uniques' as the same thing, are you?

what stat program are you using?

maybe put google analytics on your site too and you will get another idea of how many actual uniques that each page is getting

canam, Jul 13, 2008 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  4. bigmike667

bigmike667 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I have over 1000 hits, and over 300 unique visitors so far. I believe it is called Awstats- the program that I am using.

Should I give analytics a try?

5. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, I like analytics because it shows you stats in a similar way that adsense does, in other words it is a javascript that is right on the page as it loads to the person reading your page

hope that helps you :)

canam, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  6. bigmike667

bigmike667 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll give it a try, I'll upload the code to my sites and let you know how it goes.
    Also I purchased web traffic from Ebay as some of my traffic is coming from there, but I guess that sort of traffic is kind of useless, since I am not getting clicks?

7. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not an expert on it so maybe ask in another thread, but I remember reading that google does not like it if you purchase traffic to come to your site if you are using adsense, and they might ban for it.... just something you should check into in case.

canam, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  8. bigmike667

bigmike667 Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh shoot, ok I really have to look into that then. thanks for letting me know. (where I bought it, it said in the auction adsense friendly)

I also added the anyaltics to my sites and verified them.

indyonline likes this.