1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's between auto or manual Directory Submission Services?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ivogue, Jul 13, 2008.

Hi,

Sorry for being new to this. I notice you can get either auto or manual submission services on the web. My question is... What's the different? what are the pros and cons? I might be interested in this services for my up coming website, just wants to find out a little more before hand.

Thank you.

ivogue, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  2. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Auto-Submission: The act of having a program automatically submit to thousands of directories almost instantly.

Pros: Fast, Saves Time

Cons: Usually very faulty, doesn't work as well, can't bypass directories with Capcha's needed, usually incorrect submissions, the directories it submits to are usually fake and will make you get email spam the rest of your life.

Outcome:
    Don't trust any auto program, they say they can do it perfectly, but they can't. There are a few ways out there that help make manual submission much much easier, but you'll never find a 100% auto submitter.

Manual-Submission: Having someone manually submit your site to a number of directories, done by hand, no automation.

Pros: Very reliable, usually submits to good, trustworthy directories, almost 100% perfect submissions everytime, able to bypass Capcha blocks on directories that require them.

Cons: Can take awhile

Outcome: Even though manual submission may seem pathetic and a waste of time you'll see a lot better results with manual then you would auto. Though auto is fast, it never gets the correct job done like a human can. And even though you usually have to pay some money for people to do directory submission services its well worth the money you would spend paying someone to do it over buying the best auto software you can find.

Hope that was helpful...

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 13, 2008 IP
    jitendraag and YMC like this.
  3. bass

bass Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I can submit manual.

How long for my good PR and results?

bass, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  4. freehost

freehost Peon

Best Answers:
    i used a piece of free software called directory submitter, that is somewhere between the two.
    it gives you a list of free directories with their page rank, and then cuts and pastes your details into your chosen directories forms.
    it therefore saves a lot of work when doing manual submits.
    Pr increases as soon as google crawls these sites and finds your link.

freehost, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  5. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    For time, automatic will save you a lot, while manual submission will take your a lot of time.
    For moeny, automatic is cheap, while hiring a manual submission service is a little expensive.
    For result, automatic will be bad, while manual submission will give your highest chance of indexing.

So it depends on your time and your money.

hhheng, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  6. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds like asking difference between gold and silver.

gauravgrt, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  7. sanpatil

sanpatil Peon

Best Answers:
    Auto or Manual Directory Submission? I consider myself manual submission is the best way...

sanpatil, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  8. ivogue

ivogue Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for everyone's input. Have any of you tried manual services and show low or high results? Like page view, unique visitors, even PR change?

ivogue, Jul 13, 2008 IP