1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find an excellent niche!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GAdsense, Apr 28, 2006.

Hello,
    Keeping it short, I would like experts to take over this post.

My sinlge question, need detailed answer. Please I would request to give us newbie a guide to start on finding a good niche.

I hope person who are famaliar to adsense stuff understood my request.

Thanks,
    Addies.

GAdsense, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  2. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you really expect a proper answer to this post? "Experts" would be giving you their hard earned income streams if they told you what you want to know.

fcmisc, Apr 28, 2006 IP
    ahkip likes this.
  3. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ask a question like this in ur first post...i don't expect to see u here for long

ahkip, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  4. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    What are you good at and passionate about? There's your niche!

LaCabra, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  5. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yah! I think I am getting something, I can think about it and can do a good job although I am curious to know when and how you people started.

Thanks,
    Addies.

GAdsense, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  6. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    I looked at what I was good at and passionate about! :D

LaCabra, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  7. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no such thing as a niche -- as a niche gains in popularity with advertises (ie, becomes more profitable), the demand is met by new writers who are better at SEO and pagerank growth than you are.

The best "niche" is one you can commit to at the busiest times and the slowest times. ALL "niches" run in a cycle -- they go up, they go down, they move sideways. Don't try to chase niches as you'll always be too late. Write for the long haul, dedicate yourself over years, not months, and you'll find that you'll trend upwards.

dadasays, Apr 28, 2006 IP
    nickr likes this.
  8. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    Finding profitable AdSense niches isn't all that difficult, I've posted my method, which is basically starting news site, reprinting news on variety of topics (you can find them easily at Google News and Yahoo! News) and using channels and tracking software to see which articles are profitable and which aren't. However, the other question is can put this information to good use?
    For example, I've stumbled upon an interesting niche, when I posted a story on PrepMe.Com. These guys sell online preparation services for tests like PSAT and GMAT. I've made good money close to a fifty bucks a day from that news article from ads that said "GMAT Prep" and "GMAT Preparation". However, I can't create a site about GMAT Preparation on my own - I know nothing about test preparation and I've never taken GMAT. And it's not like I can easily find news about GMAT Prep either. Keep that in mind. If you have no idea about profitable niches, I can supply you with quite a few proven niches that worked for me on my news site.

TestedAdSenseNiches, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  9. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    Deano, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  10. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    No, it wouldn't. But then again, why would I do that? Buying a book doesn't make one an expert. And even if I copied the book word for word, wouldn't mean that this would make me a great site with tons of visitors and good SE rankings.
    I really like it the way I have it set up now. I have several streams of income. I've started out as an affiliate guy. I've then struggled a bit with AdSense, until I stumbled upon an idea with a news site which put me in the four figure territory. And now I'm making my first steps setting up a third stream of income, supplying a reliable information about AdSense niches. It's not sensational - no $40 click, no $25 clicks, no $10 clicks, heck, even no $5 clicks, but folks pay me to supply them with keywords and niches that pay them fifty cents to a buck, sometimes more, and they are really shocked when they make pretty close to the average I told them. I might get fairly big on the AdSense scene, because it seems that no other individual is willing to share their profitable niches. But I am, because of the nature of my site. No one can compete with me, because even I don't have an idea about what news I'll put up on my site tomorrow. I'm not standing to lose anything by telling others what keywords were profitable for me last week

TestedAdSenseNiches, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  11. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Something you know very well and have a good knowledge about. It could be yourself, travel information, football teams or players, etc.

maldives, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  12. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best niche is something that you are experienced in, have an true interest or hobby or are seriously willing to know a lot about.

MattL, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  13. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    People mistake "niches" as a way to make money, but the real truth is, what will make you money is what you are able to build up. There's very few "instant cash making niches" out there, and for the ones that do exist, it requires a lot of money to make money. For those without advertisement dollars, and who wishes to start making money from the ground up without spending too much, it's about doing something, sticking to it, and building it up. I would forget about "instant niches" unless you have a lot of cash to get it up and running.

jackburton2006, Apr 28, 2006 IP
    ing and sadcox66 like this.
  14. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. Find something you're knowledgeable about and ride your passion to profits.

webmasterlabor.com, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  15. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    rightly said :)

onedollar, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  16. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey TestedAdsenseNichers,

What's the url of your website? Do you just have a script that reprints articles from the main news sites?

Kind regards,

fcmisc.

fcmisc, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  17. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Added a point to your reputation. There is no better advice.

sadcox66, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  18. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm curious how you get around the pesky little 'plagiarism' issue by reprinting news owned by the press

Joobz, Apr 29, 2006 IP