1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outsourcing in China?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bohlin, Jul 11, 2008.

Hi,

Since average salary for a teacher in china is about $75 to $95 a month, where is the best website to find personal/workers for outsourcing write/research/livechat/blogg workers?

Do you have any experiance of this kind of fulltime outsourcing, please feel free to give me some tips on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Leif Bohlin

bohlin, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  2. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Although I am not an "expert" in outsourcing but know enough when it comes to hiring for things like writing. You need to remember if you are just buying to save on money, you will get what you paid for. So put out for quality not always quantity. So one of the questions I would ask is: How much cheaper do you want to get? If you want cheaper than China I would suggest India.

As far as a website for writers, bloggers etc. I would say you can find quite a few here at DP. But be wary of some. Ask to see a portfolio or examples of their work. I know that JHMattern(she is also a mod here at DP) is an excellet writer. And Cheap SEO Services has a great and inexpensive blogging service - highly recommeded.

lpstong, Jul 11, 2008 IP
    puremonopoly likes this.
  3. KingKarl

KingKarl Peon

Best Answers:

yes, china is the country of cheap products
    india is the country of cheap Service :)

KingKarl, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  4. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    For this requirement, you will get hundreds of emails in craigslist..

silveraden, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  5. bohlin

bohlin Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, does anyone has experience of outsource for fulltime worker in either china or india then?

Thanks lpstong and KingKarl for your answers .. =)

bohlin, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  6. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    depends on what type of job you are offering...

silveraden, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  7. dman9969

dman9969 Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard it is pretty cheap and quaility work from india.

dman9969, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  8. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where did you get these data from? Maybe 10~15 years ago but definitely not now.

Unskilled factory workers get RMB800/month nowadays (over 100$) per month, for teachers that would be double. In larger cities such as Shanghai it is much higher.

We are based in Shanghai and get some overseas companies outsource work to us. If you come to us with such pricing expectations we won't even reply to your email or return your call :) For your reference our lowest paid entry level employees get about USD400/month (university graduate).

Remember you get what you pay for. Even if you find people who want to work for cheap they probably won't be able to communicate properly with you in English.

seo4china, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  9. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Cheap yes, quality it really depends, English not being their native tongue, the outsourcing of writing services may not be suitable. Computer programming would be great for India though. For writing I would think countries for eg Philippines will be much more suitable.

wisdomtool, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  10. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Their quality is low

mentos, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  11. bohlin

bohlin Peon

Best Answers:

I got thoose figures from an documentary in where the company Nike told that they where paying $57 a month to their factoryworkers and that it was about 50% higher then other factorys and about 50% lower then teachers made.

It was a documentary on business globalisation from 2007.

Sincerely,
    Leif Bohlin

bohlin, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  12. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $57 doesn't even make the minimum wage in most provinces in China.

Nowadays factories in Guangdong province cannot even find people to hire for RMB1,000 a month (over $130). This is one of the reason many factories have been moving to Vietnam recently.

On the other hand, you don't want factory workers to do your research or blog??? To give you an idea about what a factory worker is, they are people who usually couldn't afford to go school, travel from the mainland to the coastal industrial cities to work at the factories, share the same room with 7 other co-workers (accommodation provided by the factory) and do not own a computer...

seo4china, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  13. bohlin

bohlin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Ok, and yes I know that I do not want factoryworkers since I need people that are educated and can handle a computer.

I have experience of hiring people from the period I did business in Thailand 2006-2007 and know what to expect and what to pay. Since Thailand is a bit higher in salary I just wanted to post this question to see if I could find people here that could point me in the right direction to other asian countrys for this kind of work.

But maybe I will have to get people from Thailand anyway since their avarage salary is about 5-7000 baht/$250 a month.

Sincerely,
    Leif Bohlin

bohlin, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  14. carol.prime

carol.prime Active Member

Best Answers:
    Outsourcing is one of the popular tools in doing business because of tight competitions. Most companies are hiring offshore staff not just because the service is cheap but the quality is also the best. Though there are some hindrances such as the time zone, language and communication offshoring companies deal to handle with that.

Bohlin, if you want to know the company who will give you the best services. see my contact info below.

carol.prime, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  15. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Uhhhh Quality. These companies maybe cheaper but not always quality. Many, Many, Many times - that is like the #1 complaint of those who are looking for content writers, bloggers or paid to post, is that many are from certain countries who are not fluent in the buyers/website language. Many buyers payout and get subpar work. When people want quality that means "language and communication". If that is an issue with a few of your workers than that is not quality. People accept if your business is in another timezone. But with language and communication subpar in regards to the work is not acceptable.

Like I said, you get what you pay for. So if you want to outsource with a company that has issues with "language and communication" than do so. Its your money.

lpstong, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  16. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    No way, most companies outsource offshore because it is cheap, full stop. Not because the quality is the best. Frankly the few outsourced support that I had really sucks so bad that they gave a bad after taste whenever I think of the main company itself.

BTW self promotion isn't an effective way of promotion. I certainly won't use a company that does this.

wisdomtool, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  17. casualmusic

casualmusic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the guy who said you get what you pay for. China/India/Vietnam may be cheap but you definitely won't get the quality. At least it's research so it won't kill you like their toys or dog food or lead paint lol.

casualmusic, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  18. bohlin

bohlin Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, is it someone of you that have your own experience of hiring fulltime staff from Asia? If so maybe you could share the experience here?

Sincerely,
    Leif Bohlin

bohlin, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  19. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I hired Indian and Chinese programmers full time, not really outsourcing. Experiences are they are good for technical stuff, but extremely poor when it comes to support and communications. It takes years before they are effective in communications in their job setting which are more of technical or programming in nature.

I would hesitate to recommend hiring them for communication intensive jobs for eg call center. Though one country of exception is the Philippines, I notice that though they speak with an accent, they are exceptionally courteous and willing to help. I guess something to do with their culture.

wisdomtool, Jul 13, 2008 IP