1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question about selling a website

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by simplyg123, Jul 10, 2008.

I have several websites through godaddy. If i deside to sell one how do i go about seperating it from my account.

simplyg123, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  2. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about domains, then you can use the change account feastures to push free of charge the domain to a new account.

As for the files and db, if Godaddy use cPanel, you can transfer a full cpanel backup, or transfer the files and db seperatly.

DEpending on the option choosen, the buyer, will have to restore the full cpanel backup on his server, or upload the files and db.

If you provide a full cpanel backup, be sure to change all your passwords to temporary ones before taking the backup.

Camay123, Jul 10, 2008 IP
    simplyg123 likes this.
  3. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok i see, will the buyer have to have a godaddy account in order for me to push the site to them?

4. Afazelpoor

Afazelpoor Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, creating the account is easy and free, all the buyer has to do is to sign up for hosting services if they wish or renew directly with them.

Afazelpoor, Jul 10, 2008 IP
    simplyg123 likes this.
  5. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cool thanks