1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO question about a specific website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SlingshotSEO, Jul 9, 2008.

I run a fairly successful SEO firm that has ranked many, many websites for extremely competitive one and two word phrases nationally.

I have one client that we have been working on for nearly a year now targeting a three word phrase, trade show displays

This three word phrase seems to be the hardest phrase to rank for. I may have looked at the site way too many times. Could anyone take a look at the website and let me know if they see any obvious SEO issues I may have overlooked?

http://www.thompsonkerr.com

If anyone can help me out I will be more than happy to assist you in any way I can and provide some + rep.

SlingshotSEO, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  2. mtime88

mtime88 Peon

Best Answers:
    mtime88, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    SlingshotSEO likes this.
  3. redgsr

redgsr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Anchor text at the bottom of the page should be trade show displays not Thompson / Kerr Displays and this should be the very last readable text on the website. Replace "Indianapolis Web Design by Slingshot" with that and bold it.

2. Cut all that crap out of the title tag and just make it Trade Show Displays.

3. The very first SE readable text on the page should be trade show displays.

4. It doesn't have very many backlinks at all for 1yr of SEO if you ask me, definitely room for improvement there.

Just a few I noticed real quick.

redgsr, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    SlingshotSEO likes this.
  4. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In My Opinion.......

You have a lot of links however the majority of them come from sitewides on a couple directories and a forum. I think it's very likely that Google is not putting much weight to those links.

I think mtime88 has the right idea. "better quality links"
    Try to get your links from a large number of sites instead of just a few.
    Very your link text, it looks artificial when almost all of your links are the same.
    Try to find sites that are more closely related to link to you. Directories have no real topic.
    Very the way you get links. Try related forums, blogs, Submit to article directories with an article related to the site.
    Make a squidoo page on the topic and promote that up to a PR3-4 (easy to do)
    Do some press releases.

Also, it looks like almost all of your links go to the index page. spread links throughout your site, using related but not exact keywords.

In short get related pages to link to you and use a variety of link text.

adacprogramming, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    SlingshotSEO likes this.
  5. SlingshotSEO

SlingshotSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the advice. We have been building link popularity for this website to the best of our current ability as we are working on link building for 48 clients. Do you suggest anyone that might be able to assist in this area? We have never outsourced for link building or purchased links through brokers. If you know anyone that would be interested, please have them PM me.

6. redgsr

redgsr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    48 websites, sounds like you have your hands full - it's a good thing. You can check sig. if you are interested in article distribution.

redgsr, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  7. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's a lot to work with. I wouldn't outsource all the work though, I would only outsource specific jobs, like having someone write and distribute articles one month, pay someone to do a bunch of forums another month, blogs another month.

Keep control of the work, don't just pay someone to take over. I do less than 1/2 of the actual SEO work for my clients, but I pay attention to every operation that happens so I know it gets done to my satisfaction.

adacprogramming, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  8. seogoogle

seogoogle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well Make some One way links from related website and I have sent Pm please check

seogoogle, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  9. schgrv

schgrv Active Member

Best Answers:
    Truly speaking you need to work on two areas first just look ur title. Your title is very weak. Keyword you are targeting is very very competitive and your title is not able to support trade show display. Try to make your title more supportive for ur keyword.

And second thing as everyone said ur link is very less. You have very less links for this keyword. You need to do more work on this area also. If possible try to add some content to support your keyword. Not in main page but try to add some extra page it wud provide you great help. Try to optimize this page for key phrase related to your main keyword. Hope that these things wud help you..................

schgrv, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  10. SlingshotSEO

SlingshotSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried your service redgsr. If it works we'll be doing more business in the near future.