1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Increase quality or bid $1.00 to activate

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by msavage, Jul 9, 2008.

I've been bidding on a nice set of keywords for about 3 months now and paying something like 0.10 a click. Suddenly today I see "Increase quality or bid $1.00 to activate" as well as 0.50, 0.40, and 0.30. WTH is up with Google? How can they justify an increase in bid amount from 0.10 to $1.00 in a day? BTW my landing website is an eBay affiliate website and has little original content. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

msavage, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  2. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW my landing website is an eBay affiliate website

This is your problem right there

robertpriolo, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  3. lipskin

lipskin Peon

Best Answers:
    I've run some campaigns for eBay sites with decent results. I think the real problem is "and has little original content." Many people like to slap up eBay sites that are nothing but auction listings without putting much thought into original content tailored to the niche. This is why they don't make money.

lipskin, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  4. robertpriolo

robertpriolo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he is using a BANS site generator...

These always get slapped now

robertpriolo, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  5. Volknet

Volknet Peon

Best Answers:
    You got slapped with a partial google slap. At least you didn't get slapped with $10 min bids...

Volknet, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  6. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    Original content is in your future... ;)

PPC-Coach, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  7. woracal

woracal Peon

Best Answers:
    I run my sites on Joomla.. very optimized and with original content. They've always had "Great" QS so far and have been running profitable ad campaigns for many months... suddenly... bid prices have gone up... its just another Google Slap...

woracal, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  8. vesparich

vesparich Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, don't feel that you're a prisoner of Google. Consider the other ad networks. Some are not as restrictive as Google who seems to up the ante every so often to squeeze more money out of their customers.

vesparich, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  9. woracal

woracal Peon

Best Answers:
    ive tried a few.... but the conversions are pathetic... really don't knw where to look for good quality traffic..

woracal, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  10. hanleo46

hanleo46 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello there

There are many ways to generate free quality web traffic - one of which is finding communities visited by people in your niche market, and providing them with answers to the questions being asked.....

It is better to get 2 visitors from 1000 traffic sources, than 1000 website visitors from only 2 traffic sources....think about it, this thought could save your business!

hanleo46, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  11. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Does google ever slap the paused campaigns? I have a bunch on hold that still showing great. It would be nice to stay that way, but I can understand why google does it.

darkmessiah, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  12. msavage

msavage Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I believe that is the problem Google is having with my site but "This is why they don't make money" is incorrect, this site is making great money. Basically I take the eBay listings and organize them in a better way.

msavage, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  13. msavage

msavage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not using BANS but instead have my own custom script.

msavage, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  14. msavage

msavage Peon

Best Answers:
    What's interesting is when I search on Google for one of my previous 0.10 keywords only 4 advertisers come back now. The first is eBay itself (they have no original content), 2nd is eBayMotors (unrelated to this keyword), 3rd is a website related to the keyword, and the 4th is shopping.yahoo.com (absolutely no original content and is just a listing of unrelated products).

So what gives here? Is Google trying to drive out the little advertisers? The way I see it only one advertiser should be shown for my keyword search but maybe eBay and Yahoo are paying the higher bid amounts?

And getting back to my Google rant, one day they tell me it costs 0.10 to advertise and the next day it's $1. I was getting all kinds of 0.10 clicks but now I won't advertise at $1 a click. How does Google this logic help them make $?

msavage, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  15. Zenkeshi

Zenkeshi Banned

Best Answers:
    its called supply and demand.

Zenkeshi, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  16. hanleo46

hanleo46 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello there

Google continue to try to improve the experience for the visitor that is searching for information...

More and more original quality content will be the goal....so they are just following their guidelines.......

After all they make their profits based on more clicks per 1000 ad impressions, so they will either not offer ads or increase price on ads that take visitor to pages that offer less quality........

As you said yourself...."BTW my landing website is an eBay affiliate website and has little original content."

SIncerely in Integrity

hanleo46, Jul 18, 2008 IP