1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would you do??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Cbrackett, Jul 8, 2008.

What would you do if you were given a product that would revolutionize and industry and its environmentally friendly.

But the catch is no one has ever heard of it, or knows anything about it.

What would you do on a minimal budget to get the word out and educate people...Using only the internet?

How would you use your website to your best advantage...Search Engines.. Blogs and so on...

I have found myself in this situation and not sure where to start...

Cbrackett, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  2. bikerbanjara

bikerbanjara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    hmm i guess you can start posting about it in blogs and forums all over

bikerbanjara, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  3. bidzapbiz

bidzapbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a grant, which you will be able to do in most places if its a green product then use that money to advertise it

bidzapbiz, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  4. mburton

mburton Peon

Best Answers:
    Start a good quality blog about it and post on forums.

mburton, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  5. xmartel

xmartel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd build a site around it and start getting the word out that way.

xmartel, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  6. ajhp99

ajhp99 Peon

Best Answers:
    If it would truly revolutionize the industry you can do a press release. You could also provide a review copy to the top bloggers in that field. Ask them to provide a review of the product.

Tim Ferriss used a unique approach for his book. I believe some of the same principals could be applied to any situation. He outlines what he did at the link below.

Note: The link is not live as I can't post live links yet. Copy and paste the link and remove the single quote at the beginning and end.

'http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/08/06/how-does-a-bestseller-happen-a-case-study-in-hitting-1-on-the-new-york-times/#more-110'

ajhp99, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  7. bogtab

bogtab Peon

Best Answers:
    If it really will revolutionise an industry, then make a website that is informative about the product and notify relevant blogs, forums and authority sites. The product will be so good that your website will become huge link bait, if the product is really superior.

bogtab, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  8. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    What I would do would have nothing to do with the internet. Sure, set up a web site, but then don't focus any more attention than that. I know that's not the answer people are looking for on a site like this, but online isn't the best way to do what you're describing.

Revolutionizing an industry is news. If you can get on the local TV and paper news, you can hope to be picked up by regional, and then national outlets. The threshold is kind of high, but that's what you have, right?

If you have something truly amazing that sells itself, go read Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point, about how word of mouth spreads, by social means. Then read about memetics.

Forrest, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  9. shireen2007

shireen2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    What type of product is this? You got me interested :D
    You could do press releases, build up a blog, and talk about it on forums. After a while people will know about it and want it

shireen2007, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  10. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another thing to add is that if you have the budget to spend, just forget on the site administration and SEO aspect. Let professional SEO company take care of it and you can concentrate to continue building your product portfolio. After all the money from selling your product could cover back the cost.

lycos, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  11. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you need to explain why it would revolutionize..

silveraden, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  12. Cbrackett

Cbrackett Peon

Best Answers:
    I work for a company called C.W. Hayden... We are a distributor of marine and industrial goods.. We are mainly a 3M distributor of sandpaper, tape , adhesives and much much more, but we carry many other brands as well.

I don't know if you know anything about acetone but its really dangerous stuff. You have to be careful when working with it and it is costly to dispose of.

We have a product that works as good as acetone if not better (its not a 3M Product). Its not harmful. You can dunk your whole body in the stuff and it would burn your skin off, or hurt you in anyway. If you were dumb enough to drink the stuff you would get sick but you would die. The product is reusable so it last something like 12 times longer then the same quantity of acetone.

Its a newer product that no one has ever heard of. In our region people are starting to use it and they love it. However we want to spread our business out of our current territory.. But we have no salesmen in these areas so our best bet is to use the internet to inform people of the product.
    This product comes in a liquid form or it come in a wipe form (similar to pop-wipes) which are really impressive. You know how you see graffiti on road signs. If you walk up to it with one of these wipes it will take the graffiti right off the sign, or you can use these wipes to clean stubborn substances of you hands.
    This product is extremely environmentally friendly.

Cbrackett, Jul 9, 2008 IP